Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   strange twist on MJs death (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/strange-twist-on-mjs-death-11555.html)

GasSavers_BEEF 07-02-2009 05:29 AM

strange twist on MJs death

I read this and just started laughing.

the first part is all about the events of late concerning Michael Jackson's death but the last part took me by suprise

here is the article

https://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...day/index.html

here is the excerpt if you don't want to read the entire thing

In the day's final development, a London woman filed a 93-page handwritten document in Los Angeles Superior Court claiming she was Jackson's secret wife and the mother of all three of his children.

In asking for all of Jackson's assets, the woman also added: "I have up to 30 children. My Father (Satan the Devil) Khalid Lucifer as he is known, gave them to us."

there are truely many crazy people out there.

GasSavers_BEEF 07-02-2009 11:30 AM

turns out that page is one of those updating pages so that story is gone.

you'll just have to take my word for the quote

bowtieguy 07-02-2009 02:21 PM

i'm interested to see how the autopsy turns out. we may be told the cause of death is another drug cocktail ending.

the truth is, any drug by itself has the potential, even taken under the proper dosage.

when people, especially kids, engage in a shooting, it is almost always dismissed as psycological issues, not cold blooded murder. true as that may be, the types of drugs prescribed for said individuals often are hallucinagens.

taken long enough, a mind stays out of touch w/ reality.

GasSavers_maximilian 07-02-2009 03:01 PM

My ex was on serious pain killers for nerve pain for a year and a half (didn't work very well but it was better than the alternative). In addition to turning her into a zombie who slept 22 hours a day and slowing her digestive system to a crawl at one point they made her start hallucinating. Demons telling her she'd been molested as a child (definitely not true), CIA helicopters, thinking she has psychic powers, convinced I was going to abandon her (because of the psychic powers, of course...), that she was pregnant (she'd had her tubes tied years before so impossible). Nasty stuff. She also hallucinated she was in love with the guy renting our loft (a prospect that was laughable beforehand). For some reason that one stuck after she started to get better. The whole business definitely unhinged her. I can only imagine what a decade or more of lower level use without constant oversight would do.

GasSavers_maximilian 07-02-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEF (Post 137604)
turns out that page is one of those updating pages so that story is gone.

you'll just have to take my word for the quote

I read it so I can vouch for you. It was tacked on right at the end in a very odd way almost as an afterthought: oh, yeah, and here are some of his crazy fans.

bowtieguy 07-02-2009 04:44 PM

as flawed beings, we weave quite a tangled mess at times.

i believe there is no quick miracle fix or pill for any issue be it health, money, realtionships, etc.

theholycow 07-02-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieguy (Post 137611)
when people, especially kids, engage in a shooting, it is almost always dismissed as psycological issues, not cold blooded murder.

This takes us off on a tangent, but I read something interesting on that issue:
https://www.newscientist.com/article/...shootings.html
Excerpts:
Quote:

Shootings and killings in deprived areas of Chicago and Baltimore have plummeted by between 41 and 73 per cent thanks to a programme that treats violence as if it is an infectious disease.
[...]
The net effect is that the "default" norm of instant violence rapidly changes to one in which shooting is seen as unacceptable and unfashionable. "1800 of these types of events have been successfully mediated in the past 4 years," says ****kin.
[...]
A three-year independent evaluation of CeaseFire published by the Department of Justice last year found that in Chicago, it reduced violence in every community where it was deployed.

Shootings and killing fell by between 41 and 73 per cent, with drops of 17 to 35 per cent the result of direct interventions by CeaseFire. Retaliation murders fell by 100 per cent in 5 of the 8 communities covered.
If you proposed it to me as an alternative to the traditional criminal justice system, I'd be extremely skeptical and think you're some whining ultra-extremist...but I can't argue with results, and it's not like they're letting people off the hook, they're actually preventing it ahead of time. Neato.

Edit: LOL, the guy's name got censored by the swear filter...His name rhymes with "glutkin" but starts with an 's'.

GasSavers_BEEF 07-02-2009 07:38 PM

bowtie,

drugs seem to be a quick fix to many problems (prescription or otherwise). stress seems to be something we all have to deal with. the only real way to deal with it is to deal with the source of the issues at hand. too many people go towards medication as the answer. the cold hard fact is that once you come down off of the high (there again, prescription or otherwise) the issues that got you there in the first place are usually still there.

I agree with you 100% on that one. there is no quick fix or pill in this life.

GasSavers_maximilian 07-03-2009 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 137620)
This takes us off on a tangent, but I read something interesting on that issue:

I'd heard about that program before but not their results. Must've been too early. That's fantastic, thanks for sharing. I've never heard an explanation for why the disease analogy is especially useful. "Recognizing violence has a cultural component" is more the way I think of it. I guess you could say culture could be likened to a disease, but it seems a bit of a stretch.

theholycow 07-03-2009 04:26 AM

Yeah, the way they described what the program actually does, it didn't sound to me at all like they were treating it as a disease.