Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   POLL: Do you have an iPhone? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/poll-do-you-have-an-iphone-11684.html)

JanGeo 11-23-2009 09:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the Nokia 5800 - like an iPhone only the battery lasts for days and can be swapped out without tools in 15 seconds, has a 3.2megapixel camera and takes movies - built in stearo speakers is a little smaller and easier to hold has a stylus for the touch screen GPS WiFi etc second camera facing you for video phone calls MP3 WMA Podcast player IE browser Email IM and is unlocked to use any service i.e. T-Mobile. The speaker phone also works great which keeps the radiation away from my brain.

Attachment 1660

GasSavers_bobski 11-23-2009 07:54 PM

I have a 3 or 4 year old Samsung phone and a 1st generation iPod Touch (iPhone without the phone, camera, GPS or speakers) at the moment. I plan on replacing them both with an iPhone when one of them eventually dies. 27.

JanGeo 01-22-2010 08:17 AM

A little update on the iPhone and my Nokia 5800 - my friend got the new iMac computer massive screen and recently the iPhone. Well my Nokia 5800 connected to it with bluetooth and allowed me into my phone to grab photos and videos without a problem right from the finder in the iMac computer. The iPhone was detected but I couldn't get into it at all from the iMac computer. Go Figure! I couldn't find a speaker phone on the iPhone either.

GasSavers_bobski 01-22-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 146650)
The iPhone was detected but I couldn't get into it at all from the iMac computer. Go Figure!

Yeah, Apple has been kinda nutty about keeping the iPhone/iPod platform locked down. Evidently that includes personal media as well? :/
There's plenty of non-Apple-endorsed software available if you jailbreak the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 146650)
I couldn't find a speaker phone on the iPhone either.

You may need to be actively making a call for it to show up. I've been part of a speaker phone conversation on a 3G before... I don't see why a 3GS would be unable to do the same.

Jay2TheRescue 01-22-2010 08:25 PM

I know it has speakerphone, but I'm unsure how its activated on Apple phones. On many smartphones its activated by placing it face down on a table while in a call.

JanGeo 01-23-2010 07:10 PM

WOW that figures, I don't think anyone that has one that I know knows how to activate the speakerphone. You would think that access to the photos taken with the iPhone camera would at least be allowed.

Philip1 01-24-2010 04:17 AM

I am an apple user and I do have an iPhone. Apple locks the bluetooth down to prevent the phone becoming a slave. The speaker phone function works by making a call and pressing a button on the screen. I have had many phones in my life and none lasted very long but this iPhone has.

fowljesse 01-24-2010 10:38 AM

I don't support iAnything, and I used to work with one of the founders. Also, I used to DJ, and chose to carry hundreds of albums up stairs in Waikiki rather than spend the $$ on a Mac (Which is the best laptop for fake DJing). It was my own night at a club, so I didn't have much extra money. I believe in open source, even though I'm computer illiterate. I'm going to get an Android when I can.

VetteOwner 01-24-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEF (Post 138805)
maybe I am the only one left but I just use my phone as a phone.

It's a nokia flip phone (company phone)

no uarent mines an aincent LG flip phone, was the penny phone like 3 years ago:D

all i use it for is as a watch, occasional alarm clock, ocasional calculator (especially at gasstations to calculate mpg), texing and calling.

Jay2TheRescue 01-25-2010 03:53 AM

I've read a lot of good reviews on Android devices. By the time I qualify for an upgrade again (in about a year) they might be strong enough to pull me from Windows Mobile. I've been an avid Win Mobile user for about 6 - 7 years now.