Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   POLL: Do you have an iPhone? (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/poll-do-you-have-an-iphone-11684.html)

101mpg 07-29-2009 06:09 AM

POLL: Do you have an iPhone?

This thread is to find out how widespread the use of the iPhone is. Thanks!

hoffmann277 07-29-2009 06:25 AM

Waiting on a Android phone.

GasSavers_BEEF 07-29-2009 06:43 AM

maybe I am the only one left but I just use my phone as a phone.

It's a nokia flip phone (company phone)

GasSavers_maximilian 07-29-2009 07:45 AM

I am also waiting on a good Android phone. Open architecture appeals to me. I don't really need a cellphone so it'll essentially be a PDA for me (and replace my TomTom and digital camera). I keep an old deactivated cell phone on me when I'm working up high since it can still call 911 in case I fall off the roof.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho (Post 139281)
And it might be pertinent to mention age along with this topic

bobc455 07-29-2009 08:32 AM

My brother has an iphone but the only time I use it is for the light-saber app...

Jay2TheRescue 07-29-2009 09:39 AM

I've been a Windows Mobile guy for years. My current phone is an HTC Tilt. I'm holding off on my upgrade until the HTC Touch Pro 2 is released later this year. Its my phone, appointment scheduler, alarm clock, GPS, broadband internet connection for my laptop on the road, and portable music device at the gym with my Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.

-Jay

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 07-29-2009 11:24 AM

I have an old Nokia 5190... it makes a good kubotan

theholycow 07-29-2009 11:47 AM

If you do have an iPhone, be careful or it might become an iPwned...
http://www.forbes.com/2009/07/28/hac...y-hackers.html
:eek:

jcp123 07-29-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEF (Post 138805)

THANK YOU!!!! You couldn't pay me enough to use an iPhone. Hell, when I move out I'm not even having a cell phone.

Strange part? I'm 24, smack in the middle of the cell phone prime age, and moving into the iPhone target market too...

bowtieguy 07-29-2009 03:19 PM

what's an iphone?

greasemonkee 07-30-2009 01:29 AM

I don't even use a cell phone. Microwave emmissive devices are dangerous. Ever heard of slow burn radiation poisoning?

Jay2TheRescue 07-30-2009 09:08 AM

I usually use speakerphone or a bluetooth headset. The output of a BT headset is far lower than that of the phone. Plus, today's digital phones put out far less power than the old analog phones.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 07-30-2009 09:57 AM

I use about 15 minutes a month, I think I'd take more damage from cosmic and solar electromagnetic radiation if I lived at the bottom of a mineshaft.

Jay2TheRescue 07-30-2009 11:49 AM

For those that don't already know, I also moderate on a forum where wireless phones are discussed, and we have had many discussions on this topic over the years.

The current digital telephone network does not transmit 100% of the time, even when you are in a call. - Not like the old analog phones. It transmits in pulses giving your body time to dissipate the energy. Here's a link to one of our discussions...

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/ge...m-vs-cdma.html

imzjustplayin 07-30-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 138812)
I've been a Windows Mobile guy for years. My current phone is an HTC Tilt. I'm holding off on my upgrade until the HTC Touch Pro 2 is released later this year. Its my phone, appointment scheduler, alarm clock, GPS, broadband internet connection for my laptop on the road, and portable music device at the gym with my Bluetooth Stereo Headphones.

-Jay

:thumbup: I've got an SMT5600 and while the GPRS sucks for browsing the internet, I'm still satisfied with my phone and all its features in a compact size, now if only microsoft supported their phones longer than it takes to bring them onto the shelves and evacuate them.. (Is mad that they don't support WM2003SE anymore..) At the very least, they could provide official upgrades for your phone so you can continue to use new software.

scho 08-09-2009 09:23 AM

Yes.

And it might be pertinent to mention age along with this topic as I would wager that cell phone use is a lot less popular with the older crowd. And I'm 33.

It might also be pertinent to mention that I've been on macs exclusively for the last decade and change. And as to getting hacked, that was fixed in a week after it hit the net waves. Same with some new weaknesses in mac's OS.

Jay2TheRescue 08-09-2009 10:18 AM

Well, I'm 38, and I'm totally into my phones, FaceBook, Myspace, and such. While an iPhone app might be nice, I think a Windows Mobile, Blackberry, or Android application would be far more popular. I have tried to upload fillup data from my phone once before, It didn't work, but I really didn't try to resolve the issue. My gut feeling is that it would probably work with either Opera or SkyFIre browsers on Windows Mobile, but I've been too lazy to reinstall them after the last time I customized my phone.

-Jay

mochabuzz 11-20-2009 11:25 AM

I do not have an iPhone because its too expensive. I have a palm Centro & i like it. Its easy to text & use the organizer b/c it has the palm OS (a very familiar system for me).

GasSavers_JoeBob 11-21-2009 08:41 PM

Last cellphone I had was a Motorola StarTac. Or was it a Micro-Tac? Little clamshell thing...analog, not even digital. Got rid of it about eight years ago. Haven't missed it! (Here in the great state of California, I wouldn't even be able to use it while driving anymore anyway!)

Jay2TheRescue 11-22-2009 07:42 PM

I had a StarTac once. If it was small, it was a StarTac. The MicroTac was only small in comparison to the DynaTac (brick phone) Both were excellent phones for their time.

JanGeo 11-23-2009 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have the Nokia 5800 - like an iPhone only the battery lasts for days and can be swapped out without tools in 15 seconds, has a 3.2megapixel camera and takes movies - built in stearo speakers is a little smaller and easier to hold has a stylus for the touch screen GPS WiFi etc second camera facing you for video phone calls MP3 WMA Podcast player IE browser Email IM and is unlocked to use any service i.e. T-Mobile. The speaker phone also works great which keeps the radiation away from my brain.

Attachment 1660

GasSavers_bobski 11-23-2009 08:54 PM

I have a 3 or 4 year old Samsung phone and a 1st generation iPod Touch (iPhone without the phone, camera, GPS or speakers) at the moment. I plan on replacing them both with an iPhone when one of them eventually dies. 27.

JanGeo 01-22-2010 09:17 AM

A little update on the iPhone and my Nokia 5800 - my friend got the new iMac computer massive screen and recently the iPhone. Well my Nokia 5800 connected to it with bluetooth and allowed me into my phone to grab photos and videos without a problem right from the finder in the iMac computer. The iPhone was detected but I couldn't get into it at all from the iMac computer. Go Figure! I couldn't find a speaker phone on the iPhone either.

GasSavers_bobski 01-22-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 146650)
The iPhone was detected but I couldn't get into it at all from the iMac computer. Go Figure!

Yeah, Apple has been kinda nutty about keeping the iPhone/iPod platform locked down. Evidently that includes personal media as well? :/
There's plenty of non-Apple-endorsed software available if you jailbreak the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 146650)
I couldn't find a speaker phone on the iPhone either.

You may need to be actively making a call for it to show up. I've been part of a speaker phone conversation on a 3G before... I don't see why a 3GS would be unable to do the same.

Jay2TheRescue 01-22-2010 09:25 PM

I know it has speakerphone, but I'm unsure how its activated on Apple phones. On many smartphones its activated by placing it face down on a table while in a call.

JanGeo 01-23-2010 08:10 PM

WOW that figures, I don't think anyone that has one that I know knows how to activate the speakerphone. You would think that access to the photos taken with the iPhone camera would at least be allowed.

Philip1 01-24-2010 05:17 AM

I am an apple user and I do have an iPhone. Apple locks the bluetooth down to prevent the phone becoming a slave. The speaker phone function works by making a call and pressing a button on the screen. I have had many phones in my life and none lasted very long but this iPhone has.

fowljesse 01-24-2010 11:38 AM

I don't support iAnything, and I used to work with one of the founders. Also, I used to DJ, and chose to carry hundreds of albums up stairs in Waikiki rather than spend the $$ on a Mac (Which is the best laptop for fake DJing). It was my own night at a club, so I didn't have much extra money. I believe in open source, even though I'm computer illiterate. I'm going to get an Android when I can.

VetteOwner 01-24-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEEF (Post 138805)

It's a nokia flip phone (company phone)

no uarent mines an aincent LG flip phone, was the penny phone like 3 years ago:D

all i use it for is as a watch, occasional alarm clock, ocasional calculator (especially at gasstations to calculate mpg), texing and calling.

Jay2TheRescue 01-25-2010 04:53 AM

I've read a lot of good reviews on Android devices. By the time I qualify for an upgrade again (in about a year) they might be strong enough to pull me from Windows Mobile. I've been an avid Win Mobile user for about 6 - 7 years now.

NotYourDay 01-25-2010 05:08 PM

I mean, the iphones not all that great. I like it, but I am going to trade up for a HTC tilt 2 when my plans up this november. The iphone's just too fragile to me. I abuse my phones and the iphones case is already in pieces.

Jay2TheRescue 01-25-2010 05:33 PM

AT&T has historically released at least one new HTC Windows Mobile phone each fall for the past several years. By then hopefully Win Mo 7 will be released, and you may not want a Tilt 2, but a Tilt 3...

EDIT: Also, AT&T will usually let you upgrade between 16 and 18 months, you don't have to wait till your contract expires.

Angmaar 01-31-2010 05:02 PM

I don't use an iPhone or any other Apple product. I do use a Samsung Moment powered by Android.