Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Coffee Shop Etiquette? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/coffee-shop-etiquette-11822.html)

GasSavers_maximilian 08-24-2009 06:29 PM

Coffee Shop Etiquette?

I'm meeting a philosophy group at a coffee shop, but have never been to one. Any guidelines for how much you should spend to justify hanging out there? I hate coffee, but I'm sure I can find something on the menu.

Jay2TheRescue 08-24-2009 07:37 PM

You could order tea, or hot chocolate.

GasSavers_RoadWarrior 08-25-2009 04:41 AM

IF you don't look like a bum, you can probably nurse one cup for an hour before they really start scowling at you.

dkjones96 08-25-2009 06:40 AM

What coffee shop? Most of them have a non-coffee menu. I order some frozen vanilla bean thing from Starbucks because I'm not a big coffee drinker. It gives me the shakes now because I hardly ever consume caffeine anymore. One No-Doz would probably give me a heart attack!

shatto 08-25-2009 06:46 AM

I suggest listening.
You'll learn something.
Philosophy
or
that they are pompous asses.

GasSavers_maximilian 08-25-2009 07:14 PM

Astonishingly, all eleven people showed up, so I was able to nurse a soda for the whole two hours with no problems.

GasSavers_Scott 09-04-2009 11:02 AM

Bucks is all about fun.

Starbucks and Cosi Coffee are great shops, with all the different clients I run into, we always look for a coffee shop, in the last 3 years, a client has never asked me out to a bar. You can write reports, surf the web, much like were doing here. Theres college kids, professors and people who just want a great cup of coffee. Friends of mine from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Brazil say its the best cup of coffee on Earth. My friend from Guatemala's brother grows coffee for a living and he loves Starbucks.

I talked to a Barista (coffee cheif) and he worked for corporate, he said the trick to Bucks good taste is the beans are pressure roasted and not just regular roasted. I keep Starbucks at home, I just love the stuff. I used to sell used cars for 4 years and drink 3 Venti's a day. Coffee is like tea, a tea leaf looks the same the world over, its where its grown, the gound, temperature, all make tea have its taste. Now coffee is the same bean, it how you roast it, you can brown the bean, or you can roast it, the more you roast it, the more the sugar carmelize in the bean and then burn. Espresso is cooked the longest. Hey I drink decaf all the time now, as I'v grown older, I can't take cafine the way I used to at the used car lot.

If you want to be cool and order like a pro just remember Tall is small, Grande is medium, and Venti is large. They have my favorite Espresso Brownies and Chocolate indulgance cookies, they have healthy sandwiches, and bagle meat sandwich's too.

The main thing is don't worry, coffee houses are a place where you can talk about anything, if you say your a member of Gas Savers, they would be super interested to hear about saving gas. You could probably turn them on to this site.

Have fun.

dkjones96 09-04-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 140903)
... and bagle meat sandwich's too.

I totally thought that said beagle meat sandwiches the first time around. Started to make me wonder!