Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Gift Idea (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/gift-idea-12105.html)

ron22 11-13-2009 04:37 AM

Gift Idea

I am looking for a gift idea for a coledge age student.
About him, He is into hypermilling, does not drive over 60mph, turns off car coming up to lights. He does not belive in global warming. He belives in the atkins diet.
Price range is $35
Unique gifts are good.

Jay2TheRescue 11-13-2009 05:36 AM

What type of vehicle is he driving?

ron22 11-13-2009 09:57 AM

Saturn not sure modle or year. It is a Manual Trans.

Jay2TheRescue 11-13-2009 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron22 (Post 144076)
Saturn not sure modle or year. It is a Manual Trans.

I know from my college days putting gas in the car was always a challenge. Have you thought of getting a gift card for his favorite fuel station? That's the only thing I can think of in that price range... and I've been thinking about it for a while.

VetteOwner 11-13-2009 10:39 PM

yea being a college student thats about it...gas food booze! (gas station has all that) LOL

maybe that and a package of airfreshners or somehting. or if he needs new wiper blades or somehting small (jug of rainx washerfluid or somehting)

theholycow 11-14-2009 02:57 AM

How about the new-style solid wiper blades? They're too expensive to bother buying for one's self but they're good for a gift. They last forever, you just replace the insert and they're like new again.

shatto 11-14-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron22 (Post 144062)
I am looking for a gift idea for a coledge age student.
About him, He is into hypermilling, does not drive over 60mph, turns off car coming up to lights. He does not belive in global warming. He belives in the atkins diet.
Price range is $35
Unique gifts are good.

Horizon Expanders:

* The Truth about Money by Ric Edelman
* The Lies about Money by Ric Edelman
* Freakonomics by Steven D. Levitt and Steven J. Dubner
* Live the Life You Love and Stop Just Getting By by Barbara Sher
* Basic Economics: A Citizen's Guide to the Economy, Second Edition by Thomas Sowell, PhD.
* More Liberty Means Less Government by Walter E. Williams, PhD.
* Liberty and Tyranny by Mark R. Levin
* 10 Stupid Things Men Do To Mess Up Their Lives by Laura Schlessinger, PhD.
* The Holy Bible

This is a short list of foundational reference books that might be in one's permanent library.
One does need an understanding of how and why things work. The above are about 'Human Nature' and behaviors. Useful.

shatto 11-14-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay2TheRescue (Post 144080)
I know from my college days putting gas in the car was always a challenge. Have you thought of getting a gift card for his favorite fuel station? That's the only thing I can think of in that price range... and I've been thinking about it for a while.

If there are Costco stores nearby, give a Costco Cash Card. He can buy anything he wants, including gas cheaper than the surrounding stations.

ron22 11-24-2009 11:53 AM

Thanks for all the ideas. I know a gas card makes the most sence but it is boring.
I desided on the Book Freakonomics and a Kill A Watt.

GasSavers_Scott 11-24-2009 08:36 PM

I think a set of Split Fire spark plugs should fit right into your budget.