Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Aaaaaaaaaaah, Windows. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/aaaaaaaaaaah-windows-12129.html)

shatto 11-21-2009 12:50 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaah, Windows.

Aaaaaaaah, Windows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, there I was; researching threads and websites with a couple pages open so I could refer back to them,
a couple pages of links reduced to the tray so I could go to them later..............

And I decided I wanted music, so I clicked on Pandora, and..............

The damn computer shut itself off!
Deader than a doornail....off.

Strange.

shatto 11-21-2009 06:08 PM

It didn't like Pandora so I gave it a........Panther.

The cooling fan died and killed the power supply, so I bought a Panther 450 watt for $38.23 from Fry's. There's a $10.00 rebate.

I love the competition of Capitalism!

GasSavers_JoeBob 11-21-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatto (Post 144372)
<snip>
I love the competition of Capitalism!

Especially when it is made possible by the Miracle of China!

FrugalFloyd 11-21-2009 07:19 PM

The perfect marriage of capitalism and communism, carried out every day, as we buy Chinese-manufactured tires, televisions, cell phones, DVRs, batteries, ad nauseum.

GasSavers_bobski 11-22-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SentraSE-R (Post 144376)
The perfect marriage of capitalism and communism, carried out every day, as we buy Chinese-manufactured tires, televisions, cell phones, DVRs, batteries, ad nauseum.

Not exactly... They're steadily accumulating our debt and refusing to let the value of their currency find equilibrium with the rest of the world.

theholycow 11-22-2009 09:00 AM

Pandora is ok. I've found Slacker to be far better.

Pandora disassembles my music choices into things that I don't understand - partial rhythmic syncopation, 4/3 timing, whatever. It then picks one of those characteristics and plays stuff I don't want to hear based on it.

Slacker does much better. I think it's user-driven; I think it keeps track of user's voting of like/dislike and relates that to other songs. So, if I type in something I want to hear, and everyone else who requested that song liked another song, it will play that other song for me. Whatever's on the back-end, it works. I get introduced to a lot of new music and I get to hear what I want.

shatto 11-22-2009 10:17 AM

I asked, because I wanted to make a station of just; "God Bless America" and they told me they do what they do because of the copyright laws.

psyshack 12-18-2009 08:55 PM

Get a good power supply for goodness sake.

GasSavers_JoeBob 12-18-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatto (Post 144365)
Aaaaaaaah, Windows.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I decided I wanted music, so I clicked on Pandora, and..............

The damn computer shut itself off!
Deader than a doornail....off.

Strange.

That's what you get for opening Pandora's Box!

dkjones96 12-19-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psyshack (Post 145449)
Get a good power supply for goodness sake.

You'd be surprised at the quality of some of these cheap power supplies. I got an 850W by Xion that I run 3-way SLI on and it performs great! Stable and accurate voltages(I'd just open it up and adjust them anyways). Doesn't need all of that capacity as the computer runs only ~500w at full tilt(kill-a-watt ftw 140w idle) but I haven't gone quad core yet.