Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   I Found Proof Of God Today (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/i-found-proof-of-god-today-12181.html)

shatto 12-08-2009 10:57 PM

I Found Proof Of God Today

Paid my $9.95. Picked up and listened to the CD today.

More than the hype. Far better singer. Reminds of Streisand, Celine Dion, Karen Carpenter and Gogi Grant. Every syllable is crisp and clear.

Susan Boyle's stunningly beautiful voice cannot the result of an accidental meeting of protoplasm.
I believe her voice is a reminder of the proof that God is all around us.

theholycow 12-09-2009 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatto (Post 145097)
Reminds of Streisand, Celine Dion

If that's what she sounds like...Proof of satan, IMO. :p

dkjones96 12-09-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 145099)
If that's what she sounds like...Proof of satan, IMO. :p

Can't prove one without the other!

GasSavers_JoeBob 12-09-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatto (Post 145097)

Susan Boyle's stunningly beautiful voice cannot the result of an accidental meeting of protoplasm.

Seems to me that it's more likely the result of a combination of talent and hard work on her part, rather than the proof of the existence of a deity.

Mind you, it doesn't disprove the existence of the deity of your choice, either...

JanGeo 12-10-2009 07:37 AM

A marine friend of mine worked for IBM and asked the "scientests" working there what they thought of "GOD" and "Religion" and the answer came back rather interestingly . . . doesn't exist - just a way of controlling the masses with the powerful being looking over us as a means to give reglious leaders control over the people. GOD have we really been brain washed throughout out lives! NO WAIT - is questioning his existance a sin in his eyes?

bobc455 12-10-2009 09:11 AM

Just a note: This is not posted in the political forum, and moderators may take action if it turns into a political thread.

(Yes, I'm including religious discussion under the broader "political" category.)

Obviously, comments about music are appropriate for this thread and forum.

-Bob C.

FrugalFloyd 12-13-2009 01:14 PM

There's a lot of unrecognized musical talent out there. My grandson and I met a woman who sang the roles of Eponine in Les Miserables and Kim in Miss Saigon on Broadway, as well as Mimi in Rent.[/i] She auditioned in a nationwide talent search and got discovered. Attributing talent to God without any basis whatsoever is unjustifiable, not to mention illogical.

GasSavers_Scott 12-14-2009 12:18 AM

American Idol, 3000 kids walk in, 1 gets a record contract.

GasSavers_BEEF 12-14-2009 05:14 AM

I think american idol is much more than 3000 people.

most of the time, they see more than that at one city and they go to 5 or 6 if memory serves me right.

but yea, in the end, there can be only one (yea, I like highlander)