Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   The Hull Effect (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/the-hull-effect-12484.html)

Robert 03-24-2010 04:26 AM

The Hull Effect

Hello all,
I am a new member...I am Robert W Hull...inventor/co-inventor of The Hull Effect.
In July of 2009 a member scouted out my forum.
For all those people who are skeptics, the historical patent search performed has the US Patent office decalring this as a new field of study for the internal combustion engines.
By improving the thermodynamic heat exchange by several times, greatly reducing the "drag" of all fluids, improving the viscocities of all fluids, decreasing the aero-dynamic drag by creating and maintaining a "static electrical field"... via the manipulations of the frequencies created by the alternator.
For these reasons...only carbureted engines will allow for the many adjustments for re-tuning.

Recent dyno testing proved over 200 foot punds of torque out of a 134 cubic inch (2200 cc) at 1300 rpm's....using 6.67 to one compression ratio.
The oddity...when the engine stalled with dynometer hooked up...it re-started without removing the torque load of the friction brake dynometer...using just the 12V standard starter....and one 12V battery.

That is 130 foot pounds of torque at start-up...almost instantly...at 900 rpm ...a high idle.
More than enough torque to cruise at 60 mph in a 4000 pound vehicle.
additional 70 foot pounds of torque in the next 400 rpm's.
Ergo the higher the rpm's...the more torque...so no need for hypermilling.
Fuel consumption for moving a 12,500 pound machine...is less than 48 ounces per hour...no matter what the terrain...or altitutde.

My point...for all the wonderful mpg.. posted on this forum...great achievements...
The Hull Effect is the next phase of technology for the internal combustion engine.
Many skeptics can be secure in the fact....this is not snake oil or a scam.
The 2 best patent attornies in the world have stated so.

Why do I post???
The Hull Effect, being a new field of study has little to compare to...no existing authorities with PHD's.
As it stands, only three of us know the adjustments to make.
I can state that I have passed the 100 mpg marker in a full sized GMC pick-up truck....with many modifications....3 years ago....using a V-8...automatic transmission...lock out converter.

Best to all,
Robert W Hull

Jay2TheRescue 03-24-2010 07:36 AM

I'm curious, is this a new engine design, or are you modifying existing designs? I myself have a full size GMC pickup (98 K1500, 5.7 V8), and several other members have full size trucks as well.

Robert 03-24-2010 08:20 AM

Carbureted engines/ no EFI

Hello,
To answer your question ....no efi programs exist for this technology
I found I really do not need the interference.
It is designed to eliminate puter controls.
Anything with electrical soleniods operating transmissions may not like it.

Robert

Jay2TheRescue 03-24-2010 08:47 AM

Ok, I do have a carbed 86 Chevy as well, but that barely moves. Only good for trips to the hardware store and hauling stuff to the dump.

GasSavers_Erik 03-24-2010 10:07 AM

Hi Robert,

Do you have any links to other sites or to journal articles you have written about your experiments?

People here may think it is too good to be true unless you can show a little proof.

GasSavers_Pete 03-24-2010 02:23 PM

Given the 100 mpg you have already managed to achieve you will be entering the X Prize competition then?

Peter.

GasSavers_JoeBob 03-24-2010 06:02 PM

Hmmmm.....I've googled just about everything I could find on this "Hull Effect"...found the Yahoo group and joined it. I'll have to read up more, but at first glance I am kinda reminded of Willhelm Reich...

VetteOwner 03-24-2010 07:30 PM

hmmm 100 mpg in somehting as aerodynamic as a barn door... maybe 100 mpg on an engine stand or on a dyno with no wind effects...

Robert 03-24-2010 08:01 PM

X-prize answer

hello,
the rules of X-Prize has a set time for enrollment and must have the technology "endorsed" by scientific person with credentials.
And must be willing to share the technology for mass production.
Seems I don't qualify.
There is a 25 million dollar reward for new thechnology offered by Sir Richard Branson...owner of Virgin Air.
25 million is chump change !!!

Robert

Robert 03-24-2010 08:19 PM

aerodynamic as a barn

Vetteowner,
Only if the common rules of "normal atmospheric conditions of pressure fields are applied" .
does stealth plane technology ring a bell?
Bench testing a V-8 went way beyond 100 mpg...so much so,I went into a state of shock for 3 weeks.
I couldn't accept the numbers I crunched myself.

So if a person does less than 1/2 that I can do... it still comes up a winner?
Now that is just plain FUN !!!

Robert