Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Car Reviews (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f30/)
-   -   2004 Camry Solara (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f30/2004-camry-solara-12591.html)

goofy1 04-30-2010 08:34 AM

2004 Camry Solara

we bought a new car.

2004 Camry Solara V6 SE with the 5 speed auto. It's not the greatest on gas. Although i did avg 34.5mpg a long trip. The ride is smooth since the supsension and stuff is from Lexus instead of Toyota. The 3.3 V6 is powerful and quick but very silent at city or highway speeds. The transmission shifts smoothly. You can shift the gears if you want, BUT!!!! its not worth it. If you shift up, it does NOT shift immediately. I've clocked it, when hitting the gas, I shift up and it shifted 10 seconds after i told it too. But it will shift DOWN immediately, but now up. I want it to shift up sooner to get better MPG,but the dumb Toyota computers stop that. Also the dumb MAINT light comes on every 5 months, and it's just computer wanting something reseted from regular maint done at a toyota dealer. It's dumb way to make extra $$$$. Toyota told me it's for Oil change, air filter check, and they 'reset' everything if i would just get all that stuff done there instead of me or someone else doing it. All n All it's a good car with some little dumb stuff, just like any other car.

theholycow 04-30-2010 09:14 AM

First google result for turning off the maintenance reminder:

Step 1 Turn the key to the 'on' position.

Step 2 Reset both trip meters to zero. you can reset the trip meters to zero by selecting trip A or trip B and holding in the trip meter button for five (5) seconds.

Step 3 After both trip meters are reset, select any trip meter and hold in the trip meter button and start the car.

Step 4 Continue holding the trip meter button until the "maintenance required' light disappears.

No need to go to the dealer for that.

goofy1 05-01-2010 04:15 AM

i googled it as well. Tried that several times. But no go, annd I just went to the dealer and asked about it. They didn't pay for them to reset it (that time). :D

goofy1 05-01-2010 04:16 AM

and BTW. good to be back and talking to the holyest of cows again.

theholycow 05-01-2010 05:09 PM

This perforated cattle/divine bovine is plenty happy to see you back. :)

It stinks that the procedure doesn't work. Do you have the car's owner's manual? I've never heard of an oil change reminder that can't be reset by backyard mechanics.

goofy1 05-04-2010 11:12 AM

no the car didnt came owners manuel.

trollbait 05-05-2010 05:20 AM

Have you checked out a Solara or Camry forum?
I know of two ways to reset the maintenance light in the HHR.
The first, in the owners manual, involves getting into the menu for the info display. Multiple steps, that I always forget, and must look back up.
The second is just pumping the gas pedal three times with the car parked, and key in on position. I saw that method posted on an HHR site, and it is likely what dealers use.

goofy1 05-13-2010 07:34 AM

ok the maint. and (!) is gone. Holycow what you give is right,but it has to be on the actual mileage, not trip A or B.(asked them at Toyota, and no i didn't pay) and there's two differente buttons 1 in the glove box and one on the driverside panel to get rid of the (!)light. How dumb is that.