Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Long trip coming up (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/long-trip-coming-up-12969.html)

IndyFetch 10-06-2010 08:43 AM

Long trip coming up

On 10/14, I am leaving Indianapolis early in the morning and hope to be in Kissimmee Florida by the end of the day. I'm returning on the 10/17. 993 miles, door-to-door. I'm driving the Fit and want to get decent mileage, but I don't want to be on the road for an eternity. I figure I'll just drive the speed limit and draft off trucks whenever possible.

As for staying awake, has anyone tried 5-hour energy? I don't normally take any stuff like that, but I don't want to fall asleep at the wheel, either.

theholycow 10-06-2010 09:11 AM

Re: Long trip coming up

I imagine you could get a large benefit from pulse & glide, if you want to do that much work.

Please don't be a danger on the road. If you're too tired just don't drive.

GasSavers_BIBI 10-06-2010 11:53 AM

At 3/4 of the distance you can do a stop a walk a litle, jump and strech for few minutes to get oxygen to your brain. Dont eat too much you spend lots of energy digesting, and you will get sleepy.

bowtieguy 10-06-2010 12:18 PM

you're headed VERY near my residence, let me know if you'd like to hook up.

5 hour energy does work. as a truck driver, i've tried them, and they seem to in fact keep one awake more than give "energy". energy is not an issue for me, and i suppose you don't really need energy for your app either.

i don't know if you have a Dollar Tree in Indy, but you can buy a similar product there made by a major supplement supplier(forgot the name) for, well, a dollar. the last i checked 5 hr energy, they were $3+.

IndyFetch 10-07-2010 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowtieguy (Post 155114)
you're headed VERY near my residence, let me know if you'd like to hook up.

5 hour energy does work. as a truck driver, i've tried them, and they seem to in fact keep one awake more than give "energy". energy is not an issue for me, and i suppose you don't really need energy for your app either.

i don't know if you have a Dollar Tree in Indy, but you can buy a similar product there made by a major supplement supplier(forgot the name) for, well, a dollar. the last i checked 5 hr energy, they were $3+.

Cool. Thanks.

I won't have my computer with me (no laptop), although I will have my phone with me. If you wanna meet up, PM me and I'll shoot you my phone #.

I'll only be around on Friday afternoon and maybe Saturday morning. I have the wedding Saturday afternoon and I'll be heading back Saturday night or Sunday morning.

bowtieguy 10-08-2010 04:05 PM

thursday is my day off. friday is typically busy for me, and i work saturday as well. PM sent.