Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   FFT Fuel Additive (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/fft-fuel-additive-1297.html)

SVOboy 09-04-2005 09:07 AM

FFT Fuel Additive

Found this in Frank in Maine's profile and just thought I'd stick it out here for discussion. The website is:

https://futurefueltechnologies.com/

and their university testing is this:

https://futurefueltechnologies.com/finalusmDGG.pdf

So the first thing I think is that in the testing it only barely mehbe close to gets to their bottom estimate of 10%, but I am really wondering what is in the crap that makes it work and why does it work. Does it clean off the injectors or something like that? Or does it help with the gasoline's vaporization after it has gone through the injectors.

This, in my opinion, would be a good object of our own testing, and it would be neat to make a big table comparing testing results of acetone, this crap, and other fuel additives that come up somewhere along the way, but I dunno if this should go to the experiment place right yet. Matt can move it xor edit it if he wants it over there right now.

Matt Timion 09-04-2005 09:27 AM

An idea or two

You beat me to the post. I was busy reading his website when you posted this. This is something that I'd be MORE than interested in learning about. I'd like to know how it works, etc. If we had 5 or more vehicles test this product and it worked, I'm certain that it would not be a BAD thing for Frank in Maine.

Considering that gas prices are around $3/gallon right now, an extra 10% improvement would help offset the price.

Frank, if you don't mind, please shed some light on the product. How does it work? What is in it? Is it acetone based? What tests have you done to determine it will not damage our vehicles?

Lastly, welcome to the site :)

Frank in Maine 09-07-2005 07:47 AM

Gas Log

Hi Matt and Hi Group:
Quick answer to your questions. No, my product does not contain acetone! It does contain cirtus so there is a definite scent of orange juice. It helps keep the fuel system squeeky clean and it is a renewable, green item. My technology is based on the inclusion of a catalytic material that changes the way fuel burns in an engine. There is less NOx and more mpg.

We are in testing with the Maine DOT ( 3.5 million gallons of fuel/yr); and have received this email yesterday - here is a piece
"Thanks for letting the Town of Mechanic Falls try a sample of FFT. We recently used the sample in our 2003 One Ton Truck (GMC) and experienced an increase from 11.7 mpg to 14.1 mpg. We also found the truck ran somewhat smoother and had a little more power."

We are updating our website this month. We have limited retail (4 stores in Maine) and a handful of dealers across the US and web sales. Please feel free to contact me at frank@futurefueltechnologies.com or 888-961-6600.

Special hello to Larry T aka diamondlarry

SVOboy 09-07-2005 07:53 AM

Prius test

Sounds like good stuff, I wonder about it. We'll have to set up some testing for this too, once we get some more people, hehe. Thanks for the replay.

Matt Timion 09-07-2005 08:05 AM

Happy Birthday JanGeo!

I would still like to hear some of the science behind the additive. I've theorized all along that the reason acetone works has more to do with keeping the system clean than actual surface tension reduction. If your additive simply keeps the system clean, it shows that this sort of thing is indeed possible.

I wouldn't mind doing tests with this additive in the future. One thing that I think discourages most people from using fuel additives is the inconvience of measuring out an additive at each fill up.

Another thing I've wondered about is if additives such as these are less likely to work on engines built for efficiency. For example, the string of efficient Honda Civics (HF, VX, CX, HX) are build with efficiency in mind. Will additives such as this only give a 3% boost compared to their nasty carborated counter parts?

chasgood 09-07-2005 05:49 PM

SuperMID

It might save gas but does it save money? The cost is $25 including shipping. That comes out to $1.56 per dose for a 10 GL fillup.

Say you start with 20mpg and this stuff gives you a %10 increase. That brings the mpg up to 22. That takes you 20 miles farther and is equal to saving 1 gallon of gas. At $1.56 per GL of gas there is no savings at all per 10GL fillup. At $3.12 per GL of gas you save $1.56 per 10GL fillup. Gas may go back down to around $2.60 by the end of the month. That brings the savings to around a dollar.

We need to find free or low one time cost ways to save. At least thats what I'm looking for.

SVOboy 09-07-2005 05:57 PM

Gas Mileage charts back online... sort of

I am not much of one for doing things cheaply all the time, to me it is always about the environment, however, I do think it is something that should be tested, because while sometime like acetone may turn out to work or not work, this may be an amazing product, and that's why we're looking for some people willing to run tests of various things like this and acetone.

kattywumps 10-19-2005 12:39 PM

My Testing

The following are my results using FFT on my 1998 F150 4x4 with 400+ pounds of tools in the back:

Previous City MPG, a painful 13 mpg. This has been a pretty solid number for many years.

The last two fill up with FFT measured per instructions. Resulting average mpg 14.6. A 12.31 percent increase. While I wish it was more this does result in 35.2 extra miles per tank full (22 gals).

SVOboy 10-19-2005 02:00 PM

Those are pretty good

Those are pretty good results, good to have you here!

GasSavers_davens 11-08-2005 06:25 AM

Okay, I ordered the small

Okay, I ordered the small bottle to try this stuff out.
Dropped a dose into my daily driver Protege and decided to give it zero possible benefits of economical driving style. I've run it up to 4-5k before shifting, cruised at 75+ and plenty of WOT.
And I'll be damned it I didn't get nearly the same mpg as when I don't do all that stuff.
This next tank, I'm going back to fuel economy conscious driving style and see what it can manage.

Now, whats in this stuff? Is it safe for oxygen sensors/catalytic material?
So far we've got "citrus cleaner" and "not acetone".