Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Reading a Book-Driving a Car (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/reading-a-book-driving-a-car-13581.html)

VetteOwner 05-21-2011 06:03 PM

Re: Reading a Book-Driving a Car

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 160892)
I helped write a law in Arkansas that bans text messaging and driving. It's called Paul's Law. I hope you don't do that while you drive too.

lol i do occasionally but not in heavy traffic.

on very long trips i usually throw a dvd in the portable player and pop open the glovebox to rest it on haha, run the player output to the cd deck input for surround sound:D

kamesama980 05-27-2011 05:09 PM

I've seen books, newspapers, makeup, and lots of cell phones. I've seen cops on the phone driving. within the last month. and yes it's illegal here. I considered calling it in but had places to be better things to do just then.

shatto 05-27-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kamesama980 (Post 161124)
I've seen books, newspapers, makeup, and lots of cell phones. I've seen cops on the phone driving. within the last month. and yes it's illegal here. I considered calling it in but had places to be better things to do just then.

Police use cell phones to talk with dispatch and for other legitimate cop stuff.

VetteOwner 05-27-2011 09:15 PM

yea police are exempt from the cellphone law as they have been trained on how to drive and talk on a phone so they say haha

theholycow 05-28-2011 02:21 AM

I thought they use radios for talking to dispatch...and if they were to use phones, you'd think the phone would be integrated into the radio.

IndyFetch 05-28-2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theholycow (Post 161129)
I thought they use radios for talking to dispatch...and if they were to use phones, you'd think the phone would be integrated into the radio.

I worked at a police department from 2001-2005. Even then, they used cell phones to talk to dispatch and each other when they didn't want their conversations recorded (as it is with CB traffic) or when they didn't want to tie up the CB channel.

VetteOwner 05-28-2011 08:45 AM

^^^^ yup same around here, i think they use the radio for more urgent type stuff and cell phones for general chat or low key situations

shatto 05-28-2011 10:02 AM

Or the opposite. Works like Nextel; only one caller at a time and if some dummy hits the 'call everybody' button, nobody can talk.

theholycow 05-29-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 161131)
when they didn't want their conversations recorded

:eek:

VetteOwner 05-29-2011 05:07 PM

oh my cops wouldnt ever want that lawl haha