Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Where the heck is everybody? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/where-the-heck-is-everybody-14452.html)

VetteOwner 10-31-2012 05:57 AM

Where the heck is everybody?

I went slack checking this forum for awhile and when i come back its all different (i like it!) but where did everybody go? Used to be able to check in a few times a day and someone would have posted something somewhere but some areas haven't been touched in 3 days...:confused:

GasSavers_TomO 10-31-2012 07:45 AM

I went on my usual Summer hiatus and then got the email about the changes and came to check it out. I notice a distinct lack of activity as well, but I attribute that to the recently falling gas prices.

GasSavers_BEEF 10-31-2012 07:55 AM

I wonder if people have moved to other sites, maybe onto other projects.

I will say without many build threads, it's hard to keep activity moving regularly. I am on a yaris site and usually activity booms when a guy is making a new part from scratch or something like that.

In recent years, there have been a few experiment threads but they are all but done or forgotten about. That may be due (at least in part) to the recent drop in gas prices.

I think a good majority of us are still here but have taken on lurker status just waiting to see what other people have to say.

Just an assumption.

andyrobo 10-31-2012 04:45 PM

If you all see any interesting news or links to interesting articles, discussions or other items on other sites, please start a new thread and help provide something for people to chime in about. This community slowed down a lot but it will be what we make of it going forward. Hopefully we can stimulate things a bit and get some more momentum going to see this community thrive again.

JanGeo 10-31-2012 06:56 PM

In case anyone not on the east didn't know we had a hurricane and that took our attention recently as well as the power to run computers to get online.

VetteOwner 10-31-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 168413)
In case anyone not on the east didn't know we had a hurricane and that took our attention recently as well as the power to run computers to get online.

true but yea i noticed this weeks ago...
i honestly havent done much mpg stuff. just driving normally, used to paying $60 every 2 weeks for gas in my truck... its as good as its going to get without radical mods haha.

blazer is a lost cause mpg wise 4.3L v6 in a barn door. it is a 5 speed but 5th going 65 is like 2K+ rpm... ould love to knock the ratios down some in the rearend or taller tires or somehting but thats money and im thinking of trading or selling it off so eh. i figured why am i going to deal with 18-20 mpg and not have 4x4 that gets the same (odly enough)

and the chevette well i just drive and cruise with it anymore. needs paint bad, needs very small spots of body rust fixed. needs obsolete window seals... so yea i love it and would never get rid of it but still depressing.

ive recently got into gun collecting and shooting. im all about military surplus stuff haha

Jay2TheRescue 10-31-2012 11:56 PM

Yeah, I've been busy with the storm in my area too. Won't be buying gas for a while either, as I have 15 gallons of gas I bought for the generator that we never ended up needing.

bowtieguy 11-01-2012 09:50 AM

im still here ;)

goofy1 11-07-2012 11:40 AM

I'm still here. I check in everyonce and awhile. But i haven't been able to post. Been super busy.:(

mrbillhf 11-08-2012 05:33 PM

I'm here too. Been away over the summer but I'm still in the game. Today I finally installed the proper transaxle in my 87 CRX HF. I've been pleased with 46mpg via the Si transaxle but I rarely drove over 60mph. It's really different. I'm gonna have to learn to drive this thing all over again. I hope I don't miss the accelleration, it's a slug now. :-)