Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   And the winner is: DiamondLarry! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/and-the-winner-is-diamondlarry-1446.html)

Matt Timion 11-08-2005 04:20 PM

And the winner is: DiamondLarry!

I wondered how long it would be until I was dethroned.

All Hail the King!

SVOboy 11-08-2005 04:24 PM

Haha, I guess we'll have

Haha, I guess we'll have this going everytime someone gets the best tank or hits number 1. I still hold the best tank title, and I'm hoping to push that up a bit higher soon too.

diamondlarry 11-08-2005 04:39 PM

Sounds like I may have to go

Sounds like I may have to go on another one of my all out mileage runs this weekend. :-) I wish I would have been using the gaslog more. My last tank was around 40.5. I forgot to write it down. With some friendly competition it may get all of us to be more focused on increasing mpg.

kickflipjr 11-09-2005 08:26 AM

I live in a hilly area. I

I live in a hilly area.

I think I would gain about 5mpg (more for city driving) if i lived in a relativly flat area. Stop and go on hills isn't good. But i still would n't make the top of the list.

kickflipjr 12-18-2005 06:34 PM

looks like someone with a

looks like someone with a metro is the new king.

Matt Timion 12-18-2005 09:01 PM

Re: looks like someone with a

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr

Holy crap. Does Ontario have winter blend gasoline? winter blend and the colder air are killing me. I need to get this warm air intake set up very soon.

Maybe I'll just go get a metro now and forget the vtec-e engine :P

GasSavers_DaX 12-19-2005 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Timion
Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr

Holy crap. Does Ontario have winter blend gasoline? winter blend and the colder air are killing me. I need to get this warm air intake set up very soon.

Maybe I'll just go get a metro now and forget the vtec-e engine :P

You may want to find out if he's using metric units...I was wondering about that earlier, what happens if someone doesn't know how many miles they've traveled or gallons they've used [as opposed to kilometers and liters].

You may think about putting a little conversion calculator on the Gaslog or something of the likes, Matt.

MetroMPG 12-19-2005 05:26 AM

Quote:You may want to find

Quote:

You may want to find out if he's using metric units...
nope - those are miles/US gallon.

i've got a javascript conversion tool on my site, matt - feel free to pilfer it if you want.

winter blend - we've got that here too. i haven't done much winter driving yet. so my average is going to start to slide too.

that said... if i had the choice between a metro or a civic vx 5-spd both in the same (i.e. good) condition, i would choose the vx. it'll beat the pants off a metro any day.

fyi: 8 reasons why your winter fuel economy bites

Matt Timion 12-19-2005 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
You may think about putting a little conversion calculator on the Gaslog or something of the likes, Matt.

I was actually thinking of making the gaslog have both english and metric units. I just can't decide yet if I want it to display both units or have a user setting which will distinguish between the two.

GasSavers_DaX 12-19-2005 10:02 AM

Re: Quote:You may want to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
nope - those are miles/US gallon.

Cool, wasn't trying to accuse / offend. You've got some nice numbers!