Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   And the winner is: DiamondLarry! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/and-the-winner-is-diamondlarry-1446.html)

Matt Timion 12-19-2005 10:16 AM

Re: Quote:You may want to find

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Cool, wasn't trying to accuse / offend. You've got some nice numbers!

I'm interested in knowing how MetroMPG does with his Civic VX. Every day that goes by now I sort of regret getting this sedan and wish I would have just waited for a civic VX. Even though when I'm done it will essentially be a Civic VX Sedan, having a VX from the beginning would have been nice.

diamondlarry 12-19-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:looks like someone

Quote:

looks like someone with a metro is the new king.
The nice thing is that we all win.:-)

MetroMPG 12-19-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaX
Cool, wasn't trying to accuse / offend.

no offense taken! don't worry about it.

my average is going down: i had to do a 210 km/130mi hwy round trip today -4C/25F, in gusty conditions, and according to the scangauge i only got 45 mpg(us) at 55 mph avg speed. in the summer i'd be seeing low to mid 50's mpg(us). winter bites! plus i had a few hundred miles of mostly city driving to add in from the previous tank - it'll be much worse than 45mpg US. i'll update my new average later on.

matt: just to clarify, i don't have a civic vx. i would have bought one instead of the firefly, but they're pretty few and far between. partly because any car older than 8-10 years around here is starting to turn to swiss cheese from the salty winter roads. ontario is definitely "rust belt" territory. so it's hard to find a 92-95 vx in decent condition anymore.

Matt Timion 12-19-2005 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
matt: just to clarify, i don't have a civic vx. i would have bought one instead of the firefly, but they're pretty few and far between. partly because any car older than 8-10 years around here is starting to turn to swiss cheese from the salty winter roads. ontario is definitely "rust belt" territory. so it's hard to find a 92-95 vx in decent condition anymore.

Gotcha. Don't know why I thought you had one... :(

I've decided that if my car ever gets smashed I'm going to get a Civic VX. I can find one in Nevada, Arizona, or California without rust for fairly cheap.

Lesson learned. Before I buy a car I need to research all of the options next time :P

BTW, how much does your metro weigh?

MetroMPG 12-19-2005 03:18 PM

it's 1830 lbs.

it's 1830 lbs.

as far as metros go, the final generation (i.e. mine) is kind of porky compared to the earlier cars.

the previous generation's uber-efficient xfi model was just 1621 lbs and was rated at 53/58 US mpg city/hwy. that's another car to look for if you can find a rust-free one. there are still plenty of those kicking around the US (for some reason that model was never sold in canada).