Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   For Sale (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   FS 1993 Civic VX - Federal Version, Clean Title, 3rd owner, bone stock (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f24/fs-1993-civic-vx-federal-version-clean-title-3rd-owner-bone-stock-14532.html)

cchambers 12-18-2012 09:42 PM

FS 1993 Civic VX - Federal Version, Clean Title, 3rd owner, bone stock

12 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

I'm looking to sell my VX in the near future as I just bought a new commuter and would rather have a pickup as my second vehicle. Anyway, below is my Craigslist ad. I passed smog no problem and the car is registered and all set to go, CA title in hand. This car is originally a Canadian model that spent most of its life in OR. original owner had it for about 18 years. Last owner had it for 8 months, and now I've had it for almost a year.

It has the original motor and transmission, and it is a Federal version with a wideband O2 sensor and a Federal ECU, not a typical CA version. This means much better mileage. my best tank was 51.5 mpg. Average since I've owned it is just above 40 mpg.

Specs about the car:
Manual 5 speed
Manual locks, windows, mirrors
No power steering
No AC
Basically the lightest possible model.

The car has 156k total and the cluster says its 18.5k. It was changed out professionally by Honda of McMinnville (Oregon) with a brand new cluster. It shows up on Carfax, and I have a sticker from the dealership for records.

I have receipts for any and all maintenance that I've done since I've owned the car in the past 10 months. I've also kept records of almost every tank of gas and associated mileage. I can send you the excel file for your review if you'd like.

There is nothing mechanically wrong with this car. It runs perfect.

New Parts when I bought the car:
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires
New water pump
New timing belt
Air filter
New tires
Corner Amber Lights
50-50 Tail Lights
Transmission fluid changed out with Honda manual Trans mission fluid
Has passenger side mirror (not stock)

New Parts and maintenance Since I have owned it:
Stock Muffler (had Greddy TiC muffler on it when I bought it, which I still have for an extra charge if wanted)
Fog Lights - White
Dashboard (Had mismatched color dash board with some tears in it when I got it)
Air Control module
Driver side window regulator
Valve adjustment
IACV cleaning
EGR cleaning
Timing adjustment

Extras:
Pioneer DEH-5400BT Bluetooth Ready Stereo - works great with an iPhone, syncs music, streams Pandora, almost brand new
New Kenwood speakers
Grey Leather Seats from a 99 Integra

Lean Burn Monitor - I designed and installed this to monitor my driving habits and optimize fuel economy. Its basically a small green LED that lights up when the car is in Lean Burn mode. It can be dimmed or turned all the way off if you'd like. It is integrated into the dash so its not an eyesore, but it can be removed very simply if you'd like to.

The bad:
a small crack on the windshield in the corner.
Cosmetic body damage on driver side front fender and a little on the front edge of the door.
Overall body is about a 6.5/10, minor dings and scratches elsewhere, rear bumper has some little scratches that have been filled, Paint is pretty darn good, I think it has been repainted once before.
The gasket on the Brake fluid reservoir may be leaking a little. I top off the brake fluid once every 3-4 months.

This car needs nothing, it is very rare to find a federal version VX in California. It passed smog first try without any issues. 99% of Vx civics in CA are CA models that do not have wideband O2 sensors. This car will get 25-30% better mileage than typical civics.

I'm only selling this car because I'd rather have a truck for my purposes right now.

Thanks for looking, I will check back regularly, or just send me a msg.

Casey
I can take more pictures upon request.

IndyFetch 12-19-2012 03:35 AM

The extras make that a pretty neat car. What is the asking price?

tradosaurus 12-19-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fetch (Post 168908)
The extras make that a pretty neat car. What is the asking price?

If you have to ask you can't afford it. :lol:

IndyFetch 12-19-2012 03:21 PM

Not asking for myself; I already have a driveway full of projects. I am just curious; I didn't see it in the post.

cchambers 12-19-2012 08:41 PM

Hey guys, asking is 3995. Sounds steep but this car is in great mechanical shape, and good luck finding a federal vx registered and ready to go in CA in this good of condition.

know anyone who might be interested?

thanks

TurboLS 01-27-2013 12:01 AM

Is the car still available?

cchambers 01-27-2013 07:20 PM

Yes I still have it. This is the only place its listed right now. Took it off CL a while back, cars like this don't do well when all you have are people looking up kbb value and then calling you for not selling it to them at blue book.

cchambers 03-26-2013 08:12 PM

Price Drop

Car is back up for sale. Dropping price to $3400

deus ex machina 03-27-2013 09:18 AM

Whats the damage on the drivers fender/door from?

Would the fender and door need to be replaced to make it dissappear, or could a good body shop fix it up?

cchambers 03-27-2013 10:46 AM

I don't know what the damage is from. It was there when I bought it and the 2nd owner said it was from the first owner.

I'm not sure if it's fixable or not. I've never had it truly quoted by a body shop. I never really had a reason to fix it so I didn't bother. I did at one point buy a primed fender for 20$ of CL and was going to put it on but never got around to it. I left the fender in OR when I moved last year so I don't have it anymore but they aren't hard to come by. The door isn't as bad as the fender and could probably just be bondo'd but don't quote me on it.