Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   New Guy,Business Question (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/new-guy-business-question-14764.html)

dynovalvefrank 07-10-2013 11:34 AM

New Guy,Business Question

Hi All, My name is Frank.

Before I begin I need to say I'm part owner and co-inventor of a patented and CARB exempted fuel savings device for nearly any gasoline run vehicle.

But my concern are the forum rules and I cant find anything about manufacturers posting here. So before I get blocked I'm hoping someone can shed some light on the issue for me. I wont even mention the company name or products until I know better.

Thank you and please advise .......

GasSavers_BEEF 07-11-2013 04:10 AM

I am not sure the particular rules and regulations but I know the moderators. They actually let a lot go. I think the idea is that you are an actual person and not a robot (spam program). I will say that we are a skeptical bunch and if you say your product saves fuel, we will expect you to prove it.

all that being said, welcome to the site.

bobc455 07-13-2013 09:47 AM

Alrighty, I'll jump in first here....

I'll agree that it is beneficial to have less air in the crankcase instead of more. It would reduce windage and oil foaming. It would also increase oil life by helping draw out some of the volatiles (i.e. gasoline) from the oil.

I'll also agree that suspended in the "air" of the crankcase are hydrocarbons which could be burnt.

In fact, I'll even tell you that I've seen some motors which have installed belt-driven crankcase vacuum pump with beneficial results (only the racing world as far as I know). I kinda think of this as a mega-PCV.

Having said that, I have two concerns with your concept. First of all, that PCV's only work in a given range- as far as I know, the PCV on my engine is essentially a valve with a spring-loaded check ball to only allow flow when there is enough of a pressure differential. I don't think it has the "limited range" that you describe.

Secondly, even if all of your claims are true, I have a hard time buying that there would be any significant increase in MPG or overall emissions. Theoretically, yes - but how much? 0.02 MPG? The payback period to buy your device with a 0.02 MPG increase would eliminate the feasibility.

So, I'm gonna throw you the question that we typically throw at a lot of people who make claims- do you have any recorded A/B/A/B testing results? In other words, take a baseline (condition "A"), install your device and record the new results (condition "B"), then remove the device and have the MPG return to the original value (condition "A") to ensure that there wasn't some other influence (such as the change in summer/winter gasoline formulas, weather, or the fact that you also changed air filters or some other change you didn't consider)...

I look forward to what you have to say.

BTW no hostility here - just that you'll have to overcome skepticism (and more than just mine) because we've seen some pretty fantastic claims that have fallen apart.

Thanks for stopping by, and I look forward to learning more!

-Bob C.

VX_Arky 07-14-2013 01:45 PM

Is this thread missing some posts? Did some get deleted?

Anyway, I'll just say this ... Anyone who comes here advertising a product probably won't get my business. The people who are already here, if they can swear by a product, then that's what I buy. There's a whole world of difference in what a salesman pitches to you and what and what a consumer tells you. Say all you want about your product, but I doubt many of us here will put much stock in it.

Jay2TheRescue 07-14-2013 04:15 PM

Nope, no posts have been deleted.

bowtieguy 07-15-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arky (Post 170373)
Is this thread missing some posts? Did some get deleted?

no, Bob just got busy researching a bit before posting :dance:

GasSavers_BEEF 07-15-2013 04:54 AM

The OP is also still a newbie so his posts have to be approved thus delaying his response (from what I understand).

Jay2TheRescue 07-15-2013 06:16 AM

No, his posts do not require approval. We are watching him closely though.

tradosaurus 07-15-2013 07:27 AM

If the OP would work with some members with old cars and supply free products then maybe we could get a true baseline.