Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   Should I change.......???? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/should-i-change-1490.html)

Compaq888 12-01-2005 11:54 AM

Well I changed the rotor and

Well I changed the rotor and the cap. Of course I didn't have any tools and the dealer wanted $45 for labor so I went to my uncle's house and did it there with his tools. The contacts on the rotor were almost gone. There is maybe 10k worth of contacts on it then it would of been crappy.

Now I'm just waiting on the wires and in the meantime I'll tighten up the throttle cable for better response and it will coast better.

My cousin doesn't do anything to his car, he says it's a waste of money/time. When I drive his car when you press the gas there is 3-4inches of gas pressing and no response because his throttle cable is so loose you can wrap it around a hand. He has a 01 civic lx auto. He only gets 26-27mpg...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, he rides plenty on the freeway, or should I say freeway speed. Meanwhile my gas guzzler is getting 28mpg.

I can't wait to go into 29mpg. Still waiting on SVOboy for the amp results.

What do you guys want to change that you are not sure about?????

Matt Timion 12-01-2005 12:19 PM

Re: Well I changed the rotor and

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Well I changed the rotor and the cap. Of course I didn't have any tools and the dealer wanted $45 for labor so I went to my uncle's house and did it there with his tools. The contacts on the rotor were almost gone. There is maybe 10k worth of contacts on it then it would of been crappy.

Now I'm just waiting on the wires and in the meantime I'll tighten up the throttle cable for better response and it will coast better.

My cousin doesn't do anything to his car, he says it's a waste of money/time. When I drive his car when you press the gas there is 3-4inches of gas pressing and no response because his throttle cable is so loose you can wrap it around a hand. He has a 01 civic lx auto. He only gets 26-27mpg...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, he rides plenty on the freeway, or should I say freeway speed. Meanwhile my gas guzzler is getting 28mpg.

I can't wait to go into 29mpg. Still waiting on SVOboy for the amp results.

What do you guys want to change that you are not sure about?????

Sounds like you made a wise choice in changing your rotor. Perhaps I should get a new one before I drop the new engine in.

It's too bad about your cousin. I'm sure he could break 30+ with just some small adjustments and a lesson on driving style.

SVOboy 12-01-2005 12:41 PM

Hell, if I were driving that

Hell, if I were driving that civic I'd be shooting for breaking 40, not 30. My physics teacher was out today,:-(, his kid's been in the hospital, so blah, I'm hoping he's back tomorrow.