Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   GasCubby to Fuelly Import (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/gascubby-to-fuelly-import-14915.html)

BreadKrumbz 01-03-2014 10:37 AM

GasCubby to Fuelly Import

Do you have a guide for bring my account over from the "Gas Cubby" app?

IndyFetch 01-03-2014 05:35 PM

I don't have the app. I hope someone can help you.

andyrobo 01-04-2014 11:21 AM

BreadKrumbz,

Are you looking to move from GasCubby and start using Fuelly exclusively or would you like to keep using GasCubby? The reason I ask is because we are still working on a new version of the iOS app (GasCubby). Until the app with sync is released, it's best to only use one system.

If you want to use Fuelly only, you will need to click on search >> export and send yourself the CSV. From there you would need to open that file in Excel and adjust the columns to match the forum that Fuelly requires (found here).

We do plan to allow full cross platform access to your data from the web, iOS or Android but we are still putting the pieces together to make this happen. I plan to post a development update on this here in a bit.

Andy

Hacker 01-04-2014 12:37 PM

I just exported my CSV from GasCubby. It took 5 or so minutes to move the columns around, re-name them, and delete the "extra" data to prepare it to upload to Fuelly.

Relatively simple process, but not "turn-key" by any means.

Hopefully the new app will, indeed, allow inputs of data into the iOS app, and then it will automatically (or manually, I suppose) sync into Fuelly and be available to analyze and manipulate on the website.

snkhan 01-09-2014 12:14 PM

Hi Andy, will GasCubby be an update to the existing app, or a separate purchase? I only bought Gas Cubby yesterday and only just noted that it has not been updated since December 2012.

BreadKrumbz 01-09-2014 12:42 PM

Thank you for the info Andy! I look forward to the new app and the syn so I can track on my home and work computers.

TXEditionLB4x2 01-10-2014 09:59 AM

Andy, is there a plan to move to one app and sunset the other? If it's moving to Fuelly, I have a couple of enhancement requests:

1) Be able to set your own default city/highway slider value, instead of 50/50 always being the default

2) Have a default "Notes" value

x9 01-10-2014 03:48 PM

I just joined Fuelly but I've been using Gas Cubby for about a year. You bought yourselves the best fuel tracking app on iOS, so congratulations for that. I'm not so thrilled with App Cubby for abandoning Gas Cubby, but that's business. I've used countless fuel tracking apps over the years and when I switched from Android to iOS, I finally settled down with Gas Cubby as the best of its kind across both platforms, with over three years of mileage data and every tank recorded.

So please, all Gas Cubby needs is a new name, icon and a way to sync with Fuelly.com. It's already the best app of its kind.

Thanks and good luck!

GLWC 01-19-2014 11:12 AM

andyrobo,

I really rely on the tracking of service as well as fuel in Gas Cubby ... will the revised app still be able to track the services?

Thanks

samiam2714 03-21-2014 04:50 PM

Okay this my be a dumb question but I must ask. Where do I find the importer for the file. Is it on this web page or do I do it by app? please a link would be good. I found the link above but where is the importer????