Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   NOS Idea. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/nos-idea-1522.html)

Capcom 12-06-2005 11:55 AM

NOS Idea.

What about always injecting tiny amounts of NOS and thus to be able to lower the combustion temperatures and also increase the power of continually lean burn conditions in order to get fuel economy?

Can NOS be produced at home ? :)

SVOboy 12-06-2005 12:34 PM

Nope, no home production,

Nope, no home production, but look into water injection, same idea of cooling the combustion temperatures. Allows you to advanced timing for more power and decrease fuel injected also. :-)

chesspirate 12-06-2005 12:55 PM

I've just litely read about

I've just litely read about water injection, sounds like a neat and difficult idea.

If this works out well though, why do we worry about water in the tank? especially in the small amounts that may get in there

SVOboy 12-06-2005 12:59 PM

Water in the tank messes up

Water in the tank messes up the fuel, but this water is basically misted into the air stream to make it more humid, so it doesn't fuss with the fuel as much, at least I'm thinking. Water injection isn't so hard, check out the article on it, ;-)

diamondlarry 12-06-2005 02:12 PM

Water in the gas can be hard

Water in the gas can be hard on fuel pumps and fuel injectors.

Compaq888 12-06-2005 04:49 PM

Injecting small amounts of

Injecting small amounts of nitrous isn't going to get you anywhere. A proper nitrous system costs $450 plus another $100 for a good bottle heater. If the nitrous solenoid were to leak you would have leak of nitrous into your engine and over an amount of time your engine will be gone. The best uses for nitrous is at a track and with Intake and Header and electronics that cut the nitrous off right before your redline.

Matt Timion 12-06-2005 06:37 PM

Re: Injecting small amounts of

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Injecting small amounts of nitrous isn't going to get you anywhere. A proper nitrous system costs $450 plus another $100 for a good bottle heater. If the nitrous solenoid were to leak you would have leak of nitrous into your engine and over an amount of time your engine will be gone. The best uses for nitrous is at a track and with Intake and Header and electronics that cut the nitrous off right before your redline.

Not to mention a lot of the serious racers will actually rebuild their engine after every race.

Compaq888 12-07-2005 12:56 AM

Well it depends. The only

Well it depends. The only people I see that do that are running 7's in the 1/4 mile. Either that or some idiot injecting a huge shot into a stock engine. If the engine is 2 liters or smaller I wouldn't do any higher than a 55 shot. If it's like 1.5L I wouldn't do higher than 50 shot. For mine I used to do 75 shot, but it's a 2.4L

When you go to V-6 you can inject up to 200 shot safely, the higher the number the more stuff has to be upgraded. For 200 shot you'd have to have a 255 pump, fpr, make sure your A/F ratio is good, or have some controller.

If you're looking for better mpg do some wind diffuser stuff, pump up your tires, change your driving.

Capcom 12-07-2005 01:14 AM

I know water injection.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Nope, no home production, but look into water injection, same idea of cooling the combustion temperatures. Allows you to advanced timing for more power and decrease fuel injected also. :-)

I know water injection.

Capcom 12-07-2005 01:15 AM

What does EGR do ?

What does EGR do ?