Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Percent of Official Rating (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/percent-of-official-rating-15771.html)

trollbait 03-22-2014 06:02 AM

Percent of Official Rating

Back when Gassavers was seperate, the fuel tracking app reported a percent above or below the combined EPA you were getting. Another site gave a percent of this combined number.

Fuelly does report the the whole number a person is exceeding or not these ratings. A percentage is more useful for when the time comes for replacing that car. Knowing what percent of the rating a person gets on their commute will give them an idea of what they should get when comparing other car models.

So, along with the list of other things, could we get that?

Draigflag 03-22-2014 10:17 AM

This site is used gloabaly though, epa estimates are US only.

trollbait 03-22-2014 10:21 AM

That's why I used Official Rating in the thread title. I got lazy in the post body.

Most of the users are in areas where personal vehicles have a city/urban and highway/extra-urban rating from some officiating body.

Draigflag 03-22-2014 03:30 PM

I should imagine it would take years to log all this data from all these different countries for all the different cars, but nice idea!

theholycow 03-22-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 175000)
I should imagine it would take years to log all this data from all these different countries for all the different cars, but nice idea!

When GasSavers had that feature, it merely required users to input that number for their car just like any other info about their car.

trollbait 03-23-2014 07:02 AM

You can add rating numbers here, but after the car entry is setup. I don't remember how I got them entered but they appear at the bottom of the car's entry page.

Draigflag 03-23-2014 01:14 PM

I havnt seen this feature, how, where?

trollbait 03-24-2014 04:49 AM

That is a good question.
On the car's page, underneath the log chart, is where the estimates are, with the potential savings bar for better fuel economy under that.

I just remember seeing a little button to add the estimates one day. Now I just threw together a couple of fake car entries, and now can't find that button. Can't find a way of editing or removing them from my car entry either.

Braddles 06-08-2014 10:19 PM

It would be an interesting comparison. If "hypermiling" is defined as exceeding the "official rating", then we'll need to agree which fuel consumption numbers to use.

In the Australian test ADR 81/01 urban cycle the car averages 19km/h and is stationary for 30% of the 13 1/3 minutes. This gives hybrids a very low consumption number that can be very difficult to attain, even with hypermiling. A Gen III Prius has ADR 81/01 number of 3.7 and 3.9 LHK (64-60 mpg US)

Similarly, the Japanese JC08 mode test results are 30.4-32.6 km/l (3.3-3.0 LHK; 72-77 mpg US), which is OK for low-speed urban driving but very optimistic for inter-city driving.

UK lists 70.6 - 72.4 mpg(Imp) (4.0-3.9 LHK)
US lists 51 - 48 mpg(US) (4.6-4.9 LHK)

There's a start on the database.