Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Fuel Topics (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/)
-   -   This blows, gas going up again. (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f8/this-blows-gas-going-up-again-1600.html)

Compaq888 01-09-2006 04:07 AM

This blows, gas going up again.

Well gas went up 16 cents up in my area and conitnues to go up. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

SVOboy 01-09-2006 08:20 AM

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Compaq888 01-09-2006 08:46 AM

Re: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy

I seriously don't see the excitment in this.

GasSavers_DaX 01-09-2006 08:50 AM

I smell sarcasm. It does

I smell sarcasm. It does blow.

rh77 01-09-2006 11:23 AM

Whenever gas goes up...

Think of me what you will, but when gas goes up, I have mixed feelings. Since we have fuel efficient vehicles, it doesn't impact us much. But for the guy down the street that bought the Hummer H2 and the GMC Yukon XL for his wife, I don't feel so bad. Maybe it will remind people that buy "vehicles of excessiveness" to consider the purchase of a more fuel-efficient vehicle next time.

RH77

MetroMPG 01-09-2006 11:37 AM

i'm with you on that

i'm with you on that sentiment, rh77.

i've been a fuel economy nerd for many years, but high prices help to put a fresh focus on the issue. and not just for my own car & driving...

recent fuel prices are the main reason we're finally starting to see more choice in the north american small car market, and i'm ok with that chain of events.

Matt Timion 01-09-2006 11:39 AM

Re: Whenever gas goes up...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rh77
Think of me what you will, but when gas goes up, I have mixed feelings. Since we have fuel efficient vehicles, it doesn't impact us much. But for the guy down the street that bought the Hummer H2 and the GMC Yukon XL for his wife, I don't feel so bad. Maybe it will remind people that buy "vehicles of excessiveness" to consider the purchase of a more fuel-efficient vehicle next time.

RH77

You hit it spot on. My friend and I were talking about this recently. Gas going up will only hurt us a little. it will REALLY hurt the drivers of the SUVs, hummers, etc.

The positive side effect of gas going back up is that it will also raise the demand for fuel efficient vehicles. It will put pressure on the auto manufacturers to make better vehicles, and will put pressure on the government to import cars like the VW Lupo and Polo. In my opinion, it's a good thing.

MetroMPG 01-09-2006 12:02 PM

Re: This blows, gas going up again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
Well gas went up 16 cents up in my area and conitnues to go up. GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

btw, can you put your grrr in perspective? what did it go up to?

this weekend, i paid $.95 (Canadian dollars per liter) = $3.08 U.S. dollars per US gallons

Compaq888 01-09-2006 01:13 PM

I'm disappointed because

I'm disappointed because sometimes I refuel once a week. With the work schedule I got now it will be that.

SVOboy 01-09-2006 02:39 PM

Quote:I smell sarcasm. It

Quote:

I smell sarcasm. It does blow.
No sarcasm, I am glad indeed.