Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   aCar | Mobile for Android (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/)
-   -   Fuelly Android App Update (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f42/fuelly-android-app-update-16199.html)

fish1552 07-02-2015 08:32 PM

This is great news. I've been using aCar (and Pro) for 4-5 years and LOVE it. I agree, it was well written and the developer was a great customer service guy. I'm glad to see his work is going to continue to be put to good use.

Since only finding Fuelly less than a year ago, I was hoping for integration or any sort and glad to see it is being planned. I'm content to wait as long as I need to see it happen - just GLAD to see it happen.

MikeGayner 08-03-2015 01:37 PM

This feels like vapourware to me.

RobertV 08-04-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aelfwyne (Post 183749)
we'd all be happy just to have two-way non-manual sync with Fuelly.com.

Assuming this means you want an automatic-sync feature that allows you to push your aCar data to Fuelly, and Fuelly data will match aCar, then; this is exactly what we're working on. I mentioned it just a few posts above yours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleHim (Post 183773)
Fuelly bought aCar a year ago, they bought Gas Cubby a year and a half ago. Prior to being purchased Gas Cubby was untouched for 2 years, since Fuelly took over there have been 3 updates, 1 to get it to work with iOS 8 and the other 2 to fix iOS related issues. Fuelly has being talking about Gas Cubby beta testing for over 6 months, most of their work for Gas Cubby has been to integrate it with Fuelly. If it's ever done aCar integration should be quick and easy.

This. Exactly this. Thank you!
Quote:

Originally Posted by fish1552 (Post 184268)
This is great news. I've been using aCar (and Pro) for 4-5 years and LOVE it. I agree, it was well written and the developer was a great customer service guy. I'm glad to see his work is going to continue to be put to good use.

Since only finding Fuelly less than a year ago, I was hoping for integration or any sort and glad to see it is being planned. I'm content to wait as long as I need to see it happen - just GLAD to see it happen.

It's happening. Armond (aCar's original Developer) is working hard week after week to ensure aCar's integration is as smooth a process as possible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeGayner (Post 184626)
This feels like vapourware to me.

Sorry you feel that way. Without beating a dead horse, I'd encourage you to read through some of the responses including the one from LittleHim that I quoted in this post to give you just a brief idea of what we've been working on. Ah, here ya go anyway: :horse:

snowfree52 09-01-2015 04:51 AM

Hi,

any news on the update ?

regards

LittleHim 09-01-2015 10:30 AM

snowfree52 the acar update will be sometime after the Gas Cubby update which will be sometime after the Gas Tracker update which will be sometime after some future date.

snowfree52 09-01-2015 11:45 AM

I understand but an ETA would be nice.

RobertV 09-01-2015 03:03 PM

In the past, setting an ETA has backfired on us.

We've submitted GasTracker to the App Store and it's pending review. Hopefully within a couple of weeks we'll have Gas Cubby submitted. To kind of give you an idea of where we're at.

snowfree52 09-01-2015 09:06 PM

Ah you know I'm in the construction business, I have to give ETA all the time and I know how it can backfire.

It was just to have a rough idea of when the update would be released .

Like before next week or more like the end of the year

Sounds more like before the end of the year then I guess

Is the beta closer? Would be happy to help!

RobertV 09-01-2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowfree52 (Post 185012)
Ah you know I'm in the construction business, I have to give ETA all the time and I know how it can backfire.

It was just to have a rough idea of when the update would be released .

Like before next week or more like the end of the year

Sounds more like before the end of the year then I guess

Well...
I was just given the first round of alpha testing... so... :whistling:

We're getting there... ;)

snowfree52 09-01-2015 10:04 PM

Thanks, holding my breath then :lol: