Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   iOS GasTracker: missing special characters keys [Logged] (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/ios-gastracker-missing-special-characters-keys-logged-16271.html)

SinnerVW 06-11-2014 04:31 PM

iOS GasTracker: missing special characters keys [Logged]

Hi there,

With the latest iOS App "GasTracker" there are some keys missing on the keyboard, including some of the special characters that I use on my password!

The password works on the website, so special characters are valid for fuelly passwords.

Could you please look into this? I need to refuel soon

SinnerVW 06-12-2014 06:08 AM

Nobody else has this issue?

soniam 06-12-2014 06:46 AM

I can't even get the app to work. I probably need to download a new version. Don't worry the websites not working right either.

joshlehman 06-12-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soniam (Post 176413)
I can't even get the app to work. I probably need to download a new version. Don't worry the websites not working right either.

Yes, please be sure you have updated to the latest version (2.0, at the time of this post) and reply back here if you are having any issues with it. Thanks!

joshlehman 06-12-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinnerVW (Post 176351)
Hi there,

With the latest iOS App "GasTracker" there are some keys missing on the keyboard, including some of the special characters that I use on my password!

The password works on the website, so special characters are valid for fuelly passwords.

Could you please look into this? I need to refuel soon

You should have full access to all the special keys on the iOS keyboard as we are not restricting anything in the app. If you tap the lower "_123" button it should switch to the number & special characters keyboard.

Do you use an international or customized keyboard as well? If you don't mind sharing here what is one of the special keys you cannot locate?

SinnerVW 06-16-2014 12:42 PM

Hi Josh,

I use several keyboards: English, Catalan, Spanish, Emoji

I've tried with all the keyboards (except Emoji, of course), and those keys are missing in all of them.

One if they missing keys is the comma (",") key.

(Why change the keyboards? I don't see the need for a customized keyboard on the username/password screen. )

Hope this helps.

joshlehman 06-18-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SinnerVW (Post 176746)
Hi Josh,

I use several keyboards: English, Catalan, Spanish, Emoji

I've tried with all the keyboards (except Emoji, of course), and those keys are missing in all of them.

One if they missing keys is the comma (",") key.

(Why change the keyboards? I don't see the need for a customized keyboard on the username/password screen. )

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the additional insight. Yes, it looks like the app is currently defaulting to the "email address" style keyboard which unfortunately excludes the comma. I have modified this to use the most expansive and complete keyboard layout available for the next update, so this fix will be in version 2.0.4 once we are able to submit (hopefully in the next few days once Apple approves the 2.0.3 update). Thanks and I apologize for the inconvenience.

davidkstyler 06-27-2014 05:52 AM

When I entered gas last night the decimal point was missing when I entered gas cost and total. It ended up being very expensive gas!