Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   what are your 2006 fuel economy goals? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/what-are-your-2006-fuel-economy-goals-1639.html)

SVOboy 01-24-2006 02:40 PM

Don't be silly matt, we're

Don't be silly matt, we're talking about wideband controllers for tuning, ;)

Capcom 01-24-2006 03:37 PM

I dont have a fuel economy

I dont have a fuel economy goal for 2006. of course more MPG is always welcome if performance of my car is not decreased.
In fact i will probably spend much more money in order to make some consumption tests and modifications.

Nowadays i am plannig to obtain an ODBII interface and a PDA computer in order to log the consumption and engine data all the time..
And at summer i will try to completely cover underfloor of the car.
And June will be the month when i will begin trying to apply some serious modifications and tests.. Before summer i am planning and obtaining data and ideas from internet web pages and forums (like gassavers.org :) )

GasSavers_DaX 01-25-2006 07:59 AM

Re: I've seen used widebands go

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
I've seen used widebands go for 150, and you can just turn around and sell them or tune for others, not much loss if you wanna work for it, :p

I'm thinking of investing in a good one, so that I can also tune my turbocharged motor when I get it back up and running. And yes Matt, I'm talking about a controller, not the actual sensor. :)

SVOboy 01-25-2006 01:00 PM

Of the the new innovate

Of the the new innovate lm-1s is perfectly good, just doesn't have a fancy *** display with it, :p

GasSavers_DaX 01-26-2006 08:52 AM

I personally wouldn't buy

I personally wouldn't buy either Tech Edge or Innovative, as I have had friends that have had serious problems with both. I've heard nothing but praise from PLX, plus I'm willing to pay the difference. Does the Innovative still only use the NTK sensor? One benefit of the PLX is that it uses the much less expensive Bosch sensor.

diamondlarry 01-26-2006 02:40 PM

There are a few things in

There are a few things in the works that, if they work as planned, I think my mileage could easily be in the 50's for combined city/highway and 60's or way above for straight highway. I wish I could share more details but I don't want to jeapordize my chances at this year's Tour de Sol.

chesspirate 01-26-2006 07:58 PM

i figure since my best fuel

i figure since my best fuel mileage ever occured in jan, last couple of weeks, i've already achieve my un-stated goal! But seriously, runnning a full tank and achieving 25mpg's would probably make my year, in mpg terms at least

Matt Timion 01-26-2006 08:45 PM

50 mpg

My goal is 50 miles per gallon highway. I know it's doable because I'm installing enough this year to easily beat that. I just want my goals to be obtainable.

Oh, I also want to finish my n600. and cruise around in it this summer :P

Compaq888 01-28-2006 12:53 AM

Re: There are a few things in

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondlarry
There are a few things in the works that, if they work as planned, I think my mileage could easily be in the 50's for combined city/highway and 60's or way above for straight highway. I wish I could share more details but I don't want to jeapordize my chances at this year's Tour de Sol.

They are no secret. I can tell you all the stuff to make my gas hog get 60mpg hwy. Remove seats except mine, spare, jack, tools. Pump up tires to 45 psi. Get a clean air filter, do the whole underbody of the car and go 55 mph. Don't forget the fuel heater, tricking the air intake sensor and playing with timing.

But I think you have some more stuff I haven't thought about. I've been doing some experimental stuff and I have found out the brakes do in fact work while the car is off and so does the automatic transmission. It shifts as if the engine is pushing it but the engine is off. SO far I have done this 3 times and they were okay. Since I have a auto I only do it in areas that I know well and when I know i'm going to park my car for a while. For instance I went to my cousin's house and since there were no cars I turned the motor off like 1/4 mile from his house. The car rolled in D with the engine off all the way to his house, I even parked it. Same thing with my other cousin we turned the engine off 1/4 mile from his house and rolled it down a street turned left and parked it next to his house. Having no powersteer is ok. It feels only a little bit harder.

Matt Timion 01-28-2006 02:07 AM

DiamondLarry is working on

DiamondLarry is working on some radical engine/car modifications to get his proposed MPG figures, much above an underbody addition or weight reduction.

Some of the mods you mentioned Compaq will shorten the life of your engine. Screwing with timing and your o2 sensor is kind of an exact science, one that will hurt your engine if you don't do it right. Hell, we could get any 4 cylinder engine to get 100mpg if we ran it lean enough. Then again we could probably only use the engine once in this condition.

As for running your car with the ignition off, I'd do a little reading on your transmission before you do this again. MOST (not all) automatics should not be run with the ignition turned off. It will destroy your transmission faster than anything else. You'd be much better off putting it in neutral than turning your engine off.