Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What are the prices in your area (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/what-are-the-prices-in-your-area-16624.html)

Kuripot_Kevin 11-18-2014 06:02 AM

2.499 in Danville IL this morning! Come on 2 bucks!

trollbait 11-18-2014 08:42 AM

Ours might be starting to climb. Went from $2.85 to $2.88 recently.

JanGeo 11-19-2014 06:46 AM

As fake as gas prices are they actually follow a trend, a little blip at thanksgiving but generally dropping towards the end of the year then start going up in January ... The first quarter of a new year needs to bring in more profit and "they" jack up the price! If you check the GasPrices"state name".com and check the price history going back years you can see these trends clearly.
It is nice to get below $3 a gallon finally again of course my last fillup was the beginning of the month before the drop.

Kuripot_Kevin 11-19-2014 07:13 AM

What do you mean by "as fake as gas prices are"? The companies that sell gasoline are colluding?

Kevin

Draigflag 11-19-2014 08:22 AM

I think by fake, they mean that the cost of refining, producing and transporting fuel is pretty much the same the World over. And yet in some places, fuel is less than $1 a gallon, in other places, fuel is over $20 a gallon. Those damn politicians creaming the profits and taxing fuel to death.

trollbait 11-19-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 180425)
I think by fake, they mean that the cost of refining, producing and transporting fuel is pretty much the same the World over. And yet in some places, fuel is less than $1 a gallon, in other places, fuel is over $20 a gallon. Those damn politicians creaming the profits and taxing fuel to death.

Pretty much that, but I'll add that the places where it is less than dollar are likely oil countries subsidizing the cost.Several years ago, Iran had mass protests when the government tried to increase the price.

JanGeo 11-19-2014 09:56 AM

By fake I mean they are a reflection of the market driving the crude up in price which is in tankers off shore driving in circles waiting until someone on Wall Street decides to refine it.

Kuripot_Kevin 11-19-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanGeo (Post 180428)
By fake I mean they are a reflection of the market driving the crude up in price which is in tankers off shore driving in circles waiting until someone on Wall Street decides to refine it.

So they're running out of places to put now so the price dropped 30% on crude?

JanGeo 11-19-2014 12:20 PM

Yeah as the tankers circle and it's contents get sold and resold with each middleman making his cut... The last guy holding the paper got screwed as that certain middle east country flooded the market with cheap crude.

Kuripot_Kevin 11-20-2014 06:08 AM

Seems like the free market at work to me. Less demand, more supply, cheaper prices.