Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Update has lost my July fill-up data? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/update-has-lost-my-july-fill-up-data-16821.html)

corned 09-07-2014 03:49 AM

Update has lost my July fill-up data?

Hi.

Just got back from a few weeks away, in which time the big software update has taken place.

I have added a couple of fill-ups since my return, but I note that my July fill-up data has seemingly disappeared?

Also, my login has reverted back to a previous email address/password.

My first fill-up after the break registered something like 192MPG (I wish...), whilst my averate is about 38MPG, so there are quite a few miles-worth of fill-ups now missing.

Please help. Thanks.

RobertV 09-07-2014 07:50 PM

This is strange...
Do you remember how you were entering the fill-ups in July? How many were there? After entering them did you see them listed in your fuel-log on the site, or app?

As for the login changing, that's definitely odd since none of that was changed and moved over from Old Fuelly.

corned 09-08-2014 04:16 AM

Hi Robert.

I may have to let the login issue go - it is possible I did not update Fuelly with my new email address when I migrated from one email account to the new one. I was pretty sure I had changed all my logins, but the possibility remains that I missed one. Although it is odd that my browser saved email/password for Fuelly was my new one...?

After I fill in the fuelly 'add fill-up', I usually just toss the receipt away, so I don't have any conclusive proof of dates, mileages, etc in July unfortunately. I just know that I must have had at least one fill-up in the month, as a tank never lasts more than 2-3 weeks, and my last fill-up recorded on here is from the end of June, before I went away at the end of July. I always use the site by the way - never the app. I have never noticed any fill-up *not* update the records appropriately.

Just to aggravate the situation, the first two fills after my return were only partial, so it won't be until I next fill up that any sudden spikes in mpg/mileage etc will show up.

I just wondered if it was perhaps possible to look at any pre-upgrade data backups to see if anything was there which isn't now? Although I appreciate that's probably quite a job to undertake just for one person's record...

RobertV 09-08-2014 06:58 AM

I passed this along to our Team to review.

I took a quick look at Old Fuelly (pre-move data) and it showed your last logged fill-up was June 5th.
This makes sense since we moved June 12th.

We'll take a look at some backups and see if we can retrieve any data for July. Will keep you posted.

Thanks!

corned 09-08-2014 07:23 AM

You've got me doubting my own sanity now! :)

Although I have to say my last 2 fills before the upgrade were 6 June and 30 June...? (Not counting any in July I have yet to remember!)

RobertV 09-08-2014 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corned (Post 179063)
You've got me doubting my own sanity now! :)

Although I have to say my last 2 fills before the upgrade were 6 June and 30 June...? (Not counting any in July I have yet to remember!)

Timezones... June 6 would be correct. I show your June 30 fill-up as well. But that would've been entered after the move to New Fuelly.

corned 09-22-2014 02:58 AM

Hi Robert,

Just thought I would come back to this one for some closure. After a couple of partial fill-ups the car has now beem brimmed for the first time in a while, and the data doesn't look out of place.

I would assume a missed fill-up would cause a large spike in the mpg graph, and there isn't one.

I think I'll have to put this one down to age... :) Sorry to have troubled you.