Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Importing fuel ups from the phone (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/importing-fuel-ups-from-the-phone-16831.html)

perboe 09-12-2014 07:08 AM

Importing fuel ups from the phone

I would like to import the fuel ups I made in the phone to the WEB instead of typing again. Is there a way to do that?

I thought that I can restore the backup/export I made in the phone, but I do not find the way.

RobertV 09-12-2014 06:13 PM

Can you please specify how you were entering fill-ups on your phone? Using a mobile app? One of ours? iOS or Android?

perboe 09-15-2014 05:21 AM

I am using acar with Android.

I manage to load a CSV from the PC to the phone. I would like now to export a CSV and load to my account in the Fuelly web

RobertV 09-15-2014 05:43 AM

From aCar, go to Export Records. Search and filter to select the vehicle (assuming you have more than one- Fuelly can only accept 1 vehicle import at a time), and ensure you only have Fuel up data selected.

Once you have the CSV, import it into Fuelly- FAQ: How do I import fuel-up data?

If you run into any trouble. Let me know!

perboe 09-15-2014 06:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. I import the File, after a lot of work, since I have to eliminate a lot of columns and convert decimal point to comma, among others.
after importing, I found that the web page took the liters as gallons, I suppose, but the statistics are wrong.
Now, how I can delete the record imported?.

RobertV 09-15-2014 09:01 AM

Quickest way to delete all the fill-ups is to delete the vehicle and recreate it. Otherwise, you'll need to delete one-by-one. I realize this can be frustrating (we're working on a way to mass-edit/delete).

Did you try importing the file as it is directly from aCar? As long as you selected just fuel-up data, and the single vehicle, the last time I checked we set it up so Fuelly would directly accept it.

perboe 09-15-2014 11:11 AM

I import the file directly, buy I had to delete the point for the thousand separator in the odometer.
The export file had 12.860 and for a correct import the number should be 12860.
Also in the filter I ask only for refuel, but I got all the information in the CSV file.
Thanks for the help.

RobertV 09-15-2014 11:24 AM

I'll have to double check, because I thought we had it worked out for Countries that use the decimal as a separator, Fuelly would automatically recognize it.

Regardless, thanks for following up, I'm glad you got it figured out!

perboe 09-16-2014 06:13 AM

Thanks for the help.
A question. I import the data from my previous car. Then I retired, so They do not participate in the statistics, but I do not see them any more.
When you retire a car, disappear. Which is the difference from deleting it.
Thanks again.

iceman81005 09-20-2014 09:05 AM

I am having a similar issue. I use Fuelly.com to track my fuel economy and wasn't to import this data into a-car since it also tracks other information. But I can't figure out how to get the fuelly data to export to my phone. Am I missing something?