Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Gas Cubby iOS8 Update - v2.6 Submitted (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/gas-cubby-ios8-update-v2-6-submitted-16832.html)

andyrobo 09-13-2014 03:30 AM

Gas Cubby iOS8 Update - v2.6 Submitted

Just a quick note on Gas Cubby development. We tested the old app (v2.5) on the various iOS8 betas and previously encounter one minor issue. Earlier this week the final "Gold Master" beta was released and Gas Cubby would not even open, it crashed every time. We solved the issues and submitted an updated (v2.6) that works on iOS8. This update will be available as soon as Apple approves it. As of this writing the average approval length is 10 days but we are hoping it will be approved a bit quicker than that.

Please note we continue to work on v3.0 of Gas Cubby which is a complete rewrite. It will be the foundation for our integration with Fuelly allowing for full cross platform access (iOS, Android, Desktop). We had to divert some resources from v3 development to resolve the issues with v2.5 so our beta launch date has been pushed out a bit. We will email you with more information regarding v3 as soon as possible.

SJay 09-13-2014 04:16 AM

Continue your great Job.

largehandguitarman 09-15-2014 02:56 PM

Hey Guys! Love the app, but would love to continue to do so! I just downloaded the 2.6 update, and the "i" info button crashes the app. regardless of iphone restart.

LEAdams 09-15-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 179150)
Just a quick note on Gas Cubby development. We tested the old app (v2.5) on the various iOS8 betas and previously encounter one minor issue. Earlier this week the final "Gold Master" beta was released and Gas Cubby would not even open, it crashed every time. We solved the issues and submitted an updated (v2.6) that works on iOS8. This update will be available as soon as Apple approves it. As of this writing the average approval length is 10 days but we are hoping it will be approved a bit quicker than that.

Please note we continue to work on v3.0 of Gas Cubby which is a complete rewrite. It will be the foundation for our integration with Fuelly allowing for full cross platform access (iOS, Android, Desktop). We had to divert some resources from v3 development to resolve the issues with v2.5 so our beta launch date has been pushed out a bit. We will email you with more information regarding v3 as soon as possible.

I just downloaded v2.6 from the app store.

Vyrenee 09-15-2014 05:08 PM

Update crashes

Crashes constantly

BastardSheep 09-15-2014 07:25 PM

To elaborate on Vyrenee's post, I'm running Gas Cubby v2.6 on iOS 7.1.2 on an iPhone 5S.

* It used to display my Litres per 100Kilometers for each fuelup, this is no longer the case. It still shows the L/100km in total down the bottom.
* When I try to enter an already existing fuelup (I just noticed I had the pricer per litre wrong in one of them), the program instantly crashes.

All other functionality that I've tried still appears to work. I can get into the first screen for filling out the details on a fuel-up, though I haven't tried following through any further - I'll leave this until I actually fuel up. The stats screen (tilting phone sideways) still appears to show everything ok.

I'm intending on upgrading to iOS 8 in a few days, so I can live with the broken features for now. Others may not be intending to upgrade so quickly though, so it may be an idea to try to get it fixed for them.

Michael13Escape 09-15-2014 07:56 PM

After installing iOS 8 GM, GasCubby 2.5 wouldn't even launch. I just installed the 2.6 update and the app does launch. I was able to enter a fuel purchase from yesterday, but wasn't able to enter yesterdays date - only the month and year were editable.
Selecting any fill-up from the list crashes the app.
Previously displayed the fuel economy per fill-up - that's disappeared.

Any ETA on GasCubby 3.0? Thanks.

Vyrenee 09-16-2014 03:20 AM

Crashing

To elaborate, the app now crashes whenever I try to look at any existing information, i.e. opening a recent fillup, trying to look up car info, etc.

lexusvishal 09-16-2014 05:40 AM

+1, I'm still experiencing crashes on v2.6 on an iPhone 5s iOS 8 GM. Can't open any existing repairs/fillups.

andyrobo 09-16-2014 06:59 AM

Thanks for the more detailed responses on the crashes, it's very helpful.

We have a team meeting schedule for 2 hours from now and will be discussing the issues and then finding a solution. We'll post an update soon.

emergencyken 09-16-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyrenee (Post 179240)
To elaborate, the app now crashes whenever I try to look at any existing information, i.e. opening a recent fillup, trying to look up car info, etc.

Same here. Crashes EVERY time!

tick0001 09-16-2014 07:32 AM

Date picked bug

Hey guys, downloaded this morning's update and the app no longer crashes. So I went to input the last couple of fillups that I had been unable to enter (I am on iOS 8 GM) and all is well *except* that I could not edit the date and time for the fills. The date picker does not appear. Thought you'd like to know.

andyrobo 09-16-2014 08:39 AM

Can you all report your iPhone model and iOS version?

Thanks!

tick0001 09-16-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyrobo (Post 179264)
Can you all report your iPhone model and iOS version?

Thanks!

iPhone 5 A1428 here. Running iOS 8 GM

ryanjbonnell 09-16-2014 09:14 AM

UI Bug in Gas Cubby v2.6 Settings

1 Attachment(s)
There's a UI bug in Gas Cubby v2.6 on iOS 7.1.2 (11D257) when viewing Settings.

You'll notice the "Advanced Settings" text is cut-off, though still remains tappable.

I'm using an iPhone 4S on Sprint (A1387, MD377LL/A).

RobertV 09-16-2014 09:36 AM

For those of you who are experiencing problems with this latest update and wish to help address/troubleshoot the issue, please fill out the form here: https://goo.gl/hJA5dr
One of our Developers (Josh) will reach out to you this evening to begin testing.

Again- this is ONLY for users who are experiencing issues with v2.6 of GasCubby AND are interested in helping fix this specific version. This is NOT for beta testing GasCubby 3.0 (that'll come soon ;))

Timbo69 09-19-2014 06:12 AM

I'm on an iPhone 4S and since IOS8 I can't enter dates properly. I can only enter month and year, no time or day. I also get the cut off Advanced Settings button so assume it's a screen size issue.

sam63636 09-19-2014 08:29 AM

Version 2.6 cannot set the time & days!!!

ryanjbonnell 09-19-2014 08:58 AM

Price Per Gallon on iOS 8 is Inconsistent

1 Attachment(s)
Another issue I came across using Gas Cubby v2.6 on iOS 8 is that certain gas entries are showing more than two digits of precision for the price per gallon (see attached screenshot).

For example, instead of $4.05/gal, it appears as $4.05911/ga or $4.019/gal — in addition to the rounding, the text also gets cut off due to the extra characters.

This issue did not happen using Gas Cubby v2.6 on iOS 7; it only started to appear after upgrading to iOS 8.

RobertV 09-19-2014 09:11 AM

Just an FYI- all posts and bug reports have been noted.

We're almost ready to release the latest update to GasCubby. Maybe as soon as today!

andyrobo 09-20-2014 01:06 PM

Another update: Gas Cubby 2.7 was submitted and is awaiting review and approval from Apple. Hopefully it will be out soon and everyone can have their beloved Gas Cubby working normal again. Thanks for your patience as we make our way through this iOS transition.

gndotysr 09-21-2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyrenee (Post 179240)

Same here on my iPhone 5S running iOS 8 and Gas Cubby 2.6. I can upload a new fillup, but cannot go back and review any historical data without crashing the app. I sync with my iPad (4th gen) and the 2.6 version works just fine on the iPad. I do not want to carry my iPad in my truck all the time. Hopefully the bugs with the iPhone will be fixed shortly.

EDIT: For clarity, my iPad is running iOS 8 and Gas Cubby 2.6 as is the iPhone 5s.

LuckyGizmo 09-21-2014 06:36 AM

I am having the same issues with my iPad Mini running iOS 7.1.2 and Gas Cubby 2.6 as others have mentioned using iPhones. Cannot change the date or time when entering. Have not had any crashes yet. The icon looks like a bulls eye, not the Gas Cubby icon. Hoping version 2.7 fixes this and Apple hurries to approve it

andyrobo 09-21-2014 09:04 AM

v2.7 will address the issues in the two posts above. The paid version is still pending approval, the free version was approved yesterday.