Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Yeah for the Steelers!!!!!! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/yeah-for-the-steelers-1686.html)

kickflipjr 02-05-2006 07:42 PM

Yeah for the Steelers!!!!!!

I have to make a thread about the steelers winning the superbowl! They finally did it.

Good Stuff

SVOboy 02-05-2006 07:56 PM

Hmm, I guess they won.

Hmm, I guess they won.

rh77 02-05-2006 11:06 PM

Boo

You know, I lived in Ohio when the Browns went away and ended up rooting for the Steelers in '95 because it was either them or the Bengals, and they sucked -- of course Pitt lost the Super Bowl.

Now the Browns are back, but I've moved away, so I don't care too much unless they're winning (which is rare). I'm a Chiefs fan these days. What got me was the Steelers foiled the Colts, who I was pulling for all along.

I guess I'm happy that a Midwestern team finally won. I love Piitsburgh, it's a great city, but the Browns rivalry runs deep. Yeah, I threw stuff at the TV as it was a closee game. Next year Herm Edwards is going to take us to bowl, I can feel it ;-)

RH77

SVOboy 02-05-2006 11:13 PM

Pittsburg is considered the

Pittsburg is considered the midwest these days? I must be getting old...

rh77 02-05-2006 11:22 PM

Re: Pittsburg is considered the

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Pittsburg is considered the midwest these days? I must be getting old...

We're all getting old. I suppose the state of Pennsylvania is considered "East", but with Pitt so far West, I consider it Midwestern (close to Ohio -- my roots) I used to tranport heart patients from Zanesville, Ohio to Pitt via ambulance for special treatment when I ran amblance in college. Passing through Wheeling, West Virginia on the way definitely feels "Midwestern". Now Philly and the surrounding areas like Mt. Holly are definitely "East Coast" on the other side of the State. Right SVO?

RH77

SVOboy 02-05-2006 11:40 PM

Yeah, def east coast. I've

Yeah, def east coast. I've never been out to pittsburg myself, but I never imagined anything could take on the feeling of missouri/iowa/kansas besides mehbe nebraska. I'm prolly just being a purist about what's midwest and not, thinking only the people that came from the grain basket can be true midwesterners. Pennsylvania has the most trash out of any state because NJ and NJYC buy dumping space over there, go figure.

kickflipjr 02-06-2006 05:10 AM

It wasn't the steelers best

It wasn't the steelers best game, but they won. The first 6th seed team to win the superbowl.

I consider ohio midwest, but if you want to get technical pittsbugh is west of the apliacians (so it's mid west i guess).

kickflipjr 02-06-2006 05:14 AM

My mom grew up in Des

My mom grew up in Des Moines, Iowa. It is nothing like pittsbugh.

Flater, more farms, less ghetto, and did I say more farms.

Matt Timion 02-06-2006 05:24 AM

Re: My mom grew up in Des

Quote:

Originally Posted by kickflipjr
My mom grew up in Des Moines, Iowa. It is nothing like pittsbugh.

Flater, more farms, less ghetto, and did I say more farms.

I grew up in Moline, Illinois. It's a little less than 3 hours directly east of Des Moines (on I-80).

That really has nothing to do what what you're talking about... just thought I'd mention it :-P

rh77 02-06-2006 09:07 AM

Ohio - Midwest

I grew up outside of Akron, Ohio, and I'm not sure who decided to make it so, but Ohio got lumped into the "Midwest" with all the rest of the states like Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, etc. Having moved to Kansas City, I consider us out here to be in the "Plains States". I'm probably off in my assumption, but I feel that Ohio and maybe a radius around it is the "Midwest", including Pitt. PA, OH, and WV really need their own classification, but "Mid-East" has already been taken, if you know what I mean.

RH77

GasSavers_DaX 02-07-2006 05:26 AM

Hines Ward went to my HS.

Hines Ward went to my HS. I've actually met him on a few occasions when I was still in school and he would come back to visit. It's kind of funny, when they were interviewing him after naming him MVP of the SuperBowl, he didn't once mention his college team [uga], but instead said he was from Forest Park, which is where I grew up and went to HS.