Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   What type of data would you like with the gaslog? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/what-type-of-data-would-you-like-with-the-gaslog-1696.html)

MetroMPG 02-08-2006 11:29 AM

Re: one more idea: would be good

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetroMPG
incorporate the EPA/NRCan ratings

just to clarify: the goal here would be to display what % over/under the ratings you were on the fill-up. that's where the city/hwy/mixed table field would help.

rh77 02-08-2006 01:25 PM

I like the barchart idea

I kinda like the bar or line-graph idea, per each vehicle in the garage. Also, I agree with the City/Hwy entry and to keep the comments field. Just brainstorming, but a weather conditions field might help too.

RH77

krousdb 02-08-2006 02:10 PM

Hypermiler defined

Quote:

one more idea: would be good to be able to incorporate the EPA/NRCan ratings for each vehicle to be able to view each driver's hypermileage status (the statement refers to exceeding the ratings, doesn't it dan?)

My understanding of hypermileage is when someone exceeds the combined EPA ratings for thier vehicle. This was the terminology on the other website. You had to have at least 3 tanks to qualify. Hyper=over achieve to some standard. So for my Prius, rated at 60/51/55 combined, one would have to maintain at least 55MPG average after three tanks to qualify. For the del Sol, 34/38, i would need 36MPG to qualify.

A further variation on the theme is "valedictorian hypermiler". To qualify, you had to beat the combined by 15 0r 20%, I can't remember exactly. Wayne Gerdes who coined the terminology and maintained the hypermiler thread at GH may possibly be starting his own website shortly. Like gas savers, it would not focus on hybrids, rather on all cars. IMO, Diesel owners did not feel welcome at GH because of the large population of environmentalists there.

I added my tanks to the gaslog today. Sorry MetroMPG for knocking you off of the top spot. :-(

JanGeo 02-08-2006 02:43 PM

Hypermilage

Guess I am heading for hypermiler real soon since the xB is rated 30/33 and I am in the low 40's.

The Brand of gas should be for the fillup as well as the price otherwise you could get confused - the current fillup will show what the prior gas type has given - no other way would be clear to use. I don't know what I started with when the dealer filled it up anyway. Simple to have the columns for the common additives and then a couple for fill in.

MetroMPG 02-08-2006 02:47 PM

Re: Hypermiler defined

Quote:

I added my tanks to the gaslog today. Sorry MetroMPG for knocking you off of the top spot. :-(
the king is dead. long live the king!

no need to be sorry. it'll help me to pull up my socks.

SVOboy 02-08-2006 03:05 PM

Haha, knocked me down to the

Haha, knocked me down to the last spot, I need to pull up my crappy winter mileage.

krousdb 02-08-2006 03:13 PM

Re: Hypermiler defined

Quote:

no need to be sorry. it'll help me to pull up my socks.

At 46 combined, you are already a hypermiler. No doubt that living up north hurts a lot. But there is always room to improve. Your Metro has great potential. :-)

krousdb 02-08-2006 03:16 PM

Re: Haha, knocked me down to the

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy
Haha, knocked me down to the last spot, I need to pull up my crappy winter mileage.

All you need are a few long road trips. You are welcome to come for a visit.:-)

SVOboy 02-08-2006 03:19 PM

I will be, eh, I get 45ish

I will be, eh, I get 45ish highway even in the winter, by my estimation based on 1/3rd highway tanks, but this city driving is a killer. One tank this summer was half highway and I got 45 total, :)

kickflipjr 02-08-2006 05:27 PM

Well, today I just just

Well, today I just just knocked off the top10. I would like to be able to look up users who arn't on the 10 ten easily. The bar or line graph
would be cool too.