Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   notification badge (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/notification-badge-17023.html)

pantherjoe 11-18-2014 10:02 AM

notification badge

Can not get rid of notification badge on my Gas cubby app.I have gone through every vehicle and there is nothing over due.Need suggestions, and nothing that will cause the loss of 6 years worth of my data!

RobertV 11-19-2014 07:44 AM

Sorry for the trouble. We're working on making this feature fuller and more robust. We sometimes see the issue you're experiencing, and it tends to be related to services due based on time rather than distance. Unfortunately, the only way to solve this is manually scanning through each of your records to determine which could be triggering the badge. The best way to do that is to export your data and view it in a spreadsheet, then pick out the services you know can't be due (because you just did them, for example) and keep whittling down til you're left with the likely services.

Yes, it's an annoying task, and I"m sorry that's what needs to be done. You may find it easier than it sounds.

As for the data loss, can you elaborate more on that? When did you notice the data missing? After an update to the app, or iOS, or...?

Also, what device and iOS are you using? Are you on the Paid or Free version of Gas Cubby?

B1GD0G 01-04-2015 02:35 PM

I have the same issue. I have exported my data and can see it in Excel but not really sure what I am looking for. I see the services that I have performed but not sure how looking at them in the spreadsheet fixes it on the phone. The services do not show as due on the phone yet the badge is still displaying. I have the paid version and it is current.

Please advise.

Thanks
Brad

RobertV 01-13-2015 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1GD0G (Post 181177)
I have the same issue. I have exported my data and can see it in Excel but not really sure what I am looking for. I see the services that I have performed but not sure how looking at them in the spreadsheet fixes it on the phone. The services do not show as due on the phone yet the badge is still displaying. I have the paid version and it is current.

Please advise.

Thanks
Brad

By looking at the spreadsheet it's easier to navigate/search for the overdue service. Then you can quickly find it on the app and edit/delete it as necessary.

B1GD0G 01-14-2015 02:33 PM

I guess I dont get it. I have exported all my data and reviewed it and even done it by vehicle. None of the data shows me that the service needs to be performed. It shows me that I have done it already as it should but does not indicate the next time the service should be performed.

If I send you my spreadsheet can you look at it and tell me the offending entries?

Thanks
Brad

RobertV 01-14-2015 02:41 PM

You can send me the CSV, sure, and I'll take a look.

What if you went into the device Settings and toggled the notifications? Turn off, maybe restart your device, then turn them back on.

It never ceases to amaze me how often a 'turn it off and on again' seems to fix iOS bugs. :lol:

B1GD0G 01-15-2015 08:38 AM

Sent you a private message to get an email address from you to mail the file to.

Also did try turning on and off the notifications, rebooting etc. and that did not help either. I even tried synching my data then deleting it from my phone. The badges went away with not data in the app but returned when I synched the data again.

Looking forward to your response and getting this resolved.

Thanks

joshcampbell 04-01-2015 12:52 PM

Same Issue. Very annoying.

1 Attachment(s)
I'm having the same problem. Have had it for several months and it's really annoying. I have turned off notifications, rebooted, etc but that does not get rid of it. I did an export (attached) and I can't see anything that could cause it. I tried adding some to see if it would go away but it does not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B1GD0G 04-01-2015 01:01 PM

I agree it is annoying. I never got a response from my PM on sending the data to them and thus am no closer to getting this resolved. Hopefully you will get a response. Mine shows 9 on the badge however I can find no service that is due so very misleading as well.

pantherjoe 04-02-2015 08:33 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.