Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   Website feature wanted - milege position for my model year (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/website-feature-wanted-milege-position-for-my-model-year-17037.html)

mikejbb 11-25-2014 05:39 AM

Website feature wanted - milege position for my model year

I don't know if this is the place, please let me know if it isn't.

I'd like the website to be able to sort the list of cars for my model year by mpg. I'd also like to be able to filter on number of fillups and latest fillup date to eliminate invalid cars. So I can easily see where I fall in mpg for my model and year. Maybe even have position x of y on the main page.

RobertV 11-25-2014 06:42 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. We've tossed around the idea for a long time.
It's mentioned in our FAQ why it's not currently available-
Why don't you list everything in order of best fuel economy?
We've brainstormed the best way to offer this without risking the integrity of the data.
Currently, we've got our team focusing on our mobile app integration but after that, we'll be revisiting the idea and hopefully be implementing a great option for those who wish to see the data sorted by MPG.
The team is also actively working on a solution to filter out erroneous data as well.

dimonic 05-27-2016 05:53 PM

I like being able to pick out same model cars, and then filter by engine type. A button to sort by mileage would be great. As it is I page through them looking for the few that beat my mileage to try and learn something.

Unfortunately what I have learned is that some are clearly the result of fake data, with the odd accidental omission thrown in. Unfortunately, missing one fill up can give an awesome "best mpg".

That said, an algorithm can quickly highlight such obvious errors and both alert the user, and filter them from the rankings.

In spite of that, it would be a great time saver for me to see them ranked by mileage.

14Corolla 05-28-2016 02:56 PM

I'm pretty happy with being able to see other of the same model and brand of my car. I don't think I can sort by year so far?
I have learned from them. Also see the bad data ones.
I have to admit. I can't compare myself with those who can buy only ethanol mixed in their fuel. The better performance and mileage of E0 is great. At least in my car it is. I feel sorry for those who are forced to buy E10 fuel.

R.I.D.E. 05-30-2016 01:45 PM

All E10 here and top of the charts. Many times I've bee accused of fudging the figures, but since I drove this car off the lot with 18 miles on the odometer, I've averaged just over 56 mpg over 18k plus miles. Whether anyone believes it or not doesn't really matter, at least to me since the figures are true. Drove January-March this year, 3400 or so miles on $101 (US) dollars about the same as the insurance cost. $60 a month for gas and insurance. Love this car.

benlovesgoddess 05-30-2016 11:05 PM

I'd love the ability to create a favourites page reached through my dashboard- my own list of a dozen or more cars picked from Fuelly that I'm interested in.