Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Problems with the new version (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/problems-with-the-new-version-17208.html)

TXEditionLB4x2 02-01-2015 10:11 AM

Problems with the new version

I'm having some problems with the new version (iOS):

1) I post my fill-ups using SMS. When I get the reply back, it says one mileage (today, it was 16.2). Then when I look in the app, it says 16.1 Why is there a difference? When I calculate it using a calculator (249.9 miles /15.444 gallons), it comes back as 16.1810412, which should round up to 16.2, not 16.1.

2) The city driving percentage slider doesn't work. I move the slider over to 95 percent, then save the fill-up. When I go back in to look at the record, it says 19 percent. It's dividing the number by 5. How do I know this? Because I ran a test, set the slider to 90 percent, saved it, and now it says 18 percent. I then set it to 80, which yielded 16.

And I'd still like the ability to set my own default slider value, in the Settings. Currently the setting option is measurement units, like MPG US.

RobertV 02-01-2015 12:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback!
I'm going to move this thread to the GasTracker section of the forum for easier tracking.

1.) We're aware there's a slight rounding bug between the app and what is reported on the site. Last I checked this was already addressed/fixed in the upcoming update we plan to release very soon. But, to be sure, I'll double check on that.

2.) Unfortunately, somehow this bug flew right under our radar. Another member noticed the issue shortly after this version became available and quickly reported it to us. So we've got a fix for it as well.

As for the setting the default city/hwy slider- We decided to have the slider default to the previous fillup's value. So for a new vehicle, first fillup will default to 50%. If you move it say, 90%, then when you go to enter the second fillup it will automatically default to 90%. So on and so forth.

Since this past update took about a week from time of submission to when it became available in the App Store (but it felt like forever), we're trying to group and fix as many bugs/issues/concerns all into this next update. That way if Apple takes another week to finally get it out, at least it'll be worth it since it would be fixing multiple bugs.

Bare with us!

TXEditionLB4x2 02-04-2015 07:56 PM

Great, thanks Robert. And I can live with the slider logic. My ratios are usually the same, so that will work.

TXEditionLB4x2 03-02-2015 01:06 PM

Hey guys, any idea when a new version of the app will be released?

RobertV 03-02-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXEditionLB4x2 (Post 182150)
Hey guys, any idea when a new version of the app will be released?

I'll check tomorrow during our team meeting and let you know if we have an ETA.

looking4OPH 03-16-2015 08:50 AM

City/Highway bug still not fixed. Despite what is entered in the iOS app, it still is saved as ~15% and has to be corrected on every fillup via the website.

brbo 03-23-2015 06:58 AM

I just installed noticed a few things that render app not usable...

Settings: will not hold km/mph - odometer/distance - City % - distance entered always assumes MPH even if KM is setting - so changes to KM (multiplies 1.62) when KM was entered.. currently useless....

Please help love the concept !!!!

Thanks

TXEditionLB4x2 03-30-2015 10:28 AM

It's nearly two months on this buggy version. When is an update coming? Is an update coming? I'd even downgrade to the previous release.

RobertV 04-01-2015 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXEditionLB4x2 (Post 182634)
It's nearly two months on this buggy version. When is an update coming? Is an update coming? I'd even downgrade to the previous release.

I checked with our developer at the beginning of the week. We're wrapping up with Gas Cubby now. This will free him up to double check and get the GasTracker update submitted to Apple pretty soon.

r2fi 04-05-2015 11:02 AM

Hey guys, not sure if i'm supposed to use the same topic to post a bug that's been annoying me for a while but anyways...feel free to move it.

Every time i enter data on my iPhone 6, the app rounds up the price. For example if it's 2.40 it rounds it up to 2.0 within the app. When i open the website, it's all good in there but the app always shows false data.

Other than that, this last update fixed pretty much a lot of the problems we had before. Overall great free app! Not sure why some people are nagging over a few minor bugs when we're all getting a decent free peace of good software.

Keep up the great work. Appreciate it!