Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Flagging wrong averages (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/flagging-wrong-averages-17303.html)

jroby59 03-12-2015 10:11 AM

Flagging wrong averages

There are some vehiles, either by bad user input or setting that have way low or high averages that are ruining some vehicles mph averages. Is there a way to flag these vehicles? In particular is the dodge grand caravan that has one van averaging .5 mpg?

RobertV 03-12-2015 09:30 PM

There's a "Report this Page" link at the footer of every page. This will send a message to the Site Team so we can review the page in question.

Or you can post a link to the profile here.

Jay2TheRescue 03-13-2015 06:22 PM

I found the Caravan in question and corrected the fuel log. The user forgot to enter the decimal on their fuel purchase, and then instead of editing the fillup, they entered it again. Instead of 14 gallons, the fillup was entered as 14,000 gallons.

jroby59 03-13-2015 07:28 PM

thanks for the response. i just flagged it again. its still showing a .5.

the report is such a tiny link i couldn't see it before.

litesong 03-14-2015 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jroby59 (Post 182350)
In particular is the dodge grand caravan that has one van averaging .5 mpg?

Ah.... about right isn't it!! :lol:

Jay2TheRescue 03-14-2015 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jroby59 (Post 182364)
thanks for the response. i just flagged it again. its still showing a .5.

the report is such a tiny link i couldn't see it before.

Ok, I fixed that one too. That's not the one I fixed earlier, I fixed another Caravan's fuel log. Same issue though. The user forgot to enter the decimal on a fillup, throwing the consumption wildly off.

luckypants 03-29-2015 12:55 AM

I just reported this page My Leon (Seat Leon) | Fuelly

Wouldn't it be better for there to be a way of telling the admins why we reported it? Saves them trying to work it out..... (BTW in the above case it is because there is NO diesel H4 engine in the Seat Leon range - just in case an admin looks!)

luckypants 04-27-2015 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypants (Post 182610)
Wouldn't it be better for there to be a way of telling the admins why we reported it?

No response from the team? Seems pretty typical....

All forums using vBulletin I have used (and its quite a few!) allow you to add text to the 'Report Post' function to aid the admins in sorting out whatever the problem is. If the advice is to report pages with incorrect stats / setup but nothing happens, no one will bother and there will be incorrect stats skewing the data. If Fuelly stats are seen to be inaccurate, folks will drift away and the site fail.

Anyone going to take this up from the Admins?

RobertV 04-27-2015 06:24 AM

Sorry I missed your previous post!
We're looking to add a text box for users to input the reason but at this time, the reported pages are usually pretty obvious that we haven't had any trouble determining the reason.

Currently if you report a post in vBulletin here on the forums side, you do get a the text box. This hasn't changed.

luckypants 04-27-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 182956)
Sorry I missed your previous post!
We're looking to add a text box for users to input the reason but at this time, the reported pages are usually pretty obvious that we haven't had any trouble determining the reason.

Ahh of course I was confusing the forum with the actual web-site.

Thanks for the update Robert