Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Total Spent (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/total-spent-17403.html)

Leeski 04-11-2015 10:40 AM

Total Spent

Does total spent just count fill ups, or does it include other expenditures you add in to Fuelly?

RobertV 04-11-2015 11:53 AM

It includes whatever is listed in the log book under Costs.

BDC 04-11-2015 10:03 PM

How recent is that change?

Seems like a lot of things have been changing behind the scenes lately without any notice. Would be nice to get notifications of when the new devs are changing things.

RobertV 04-12-2015 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDC (Post 182791)
How recent is that change?

Seems like a lot of things have been changing behind the scenes lately without any notice. Would be nice to get notifications of when the new devs are changing things.

This wasn't changed from how Old Fuelly handled the total costs.

When we make significant changes it's usually in response to a post/thread here on the forums. Otherwise a post/thread is made for discussion.

BDC 04-17-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 182792)
This wasn't changed from how Old Fuelly handled the total costs.

When we make significant changes it's usually in response to a post/thread here on the forums. Otherwise a post/thread is made for discussion.

I don't remember Old Fuelly ever including maintenance costs in the "total spent" category, because that was a fairly recent change before you guys took over.

I just double checked and New Fuelly doesn't seem to include them in the sum either. I can add in costs under a "vehicle service" note and it doesn't change my "total spent," or annual costs.

RobertV 04-17-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDC (Post 182846)
I don't remember Old Fuelly ever including maintenance costs in the "total spent" category, because that was a fairly recent change before you guys took over.

I just double checked and New Fuelly doesn't seem to include them in the sum either. I can add in costs under a "vehicle service" note and it doesn't change my "total spent," or annual costs.

Because text in "Notes" aren't included in the calculations.

BDC 04-17-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 182848)
Because text in "Notes" aren't included in the calculations.

It's not just text written into the note. It doesn't consider the price field that you enter separately from the note text.

luckypants 04-20-2015 12:46 AM

I can back that up. I have added servicing costs using the 'cost' field to my motorcycle but Total Spent on the vehicle display does not change.

RobertV 04-20-2015 06:23 AM

Hm... well, it should be.

I'll see about getting that fixed. Good catch guys!

Trexer 05-10-2016 11:14 AM

Any hope of getting this fixed? Would be great to see the cost of operating my vehicle that includes service costs.