Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Working As Designed: help with Fuelly settings...! (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/help-with-fuelly-settings-17451.html)

benlovesgoddess 05-03-2015 03:09 AM

help with Fuelly settings...!

A little help please!
I would post a new thread, but it seems I can only begin a new thread while on my phone, not on my laptop...
When I joined Fuelly, I made the mistake of selecting gallons (US) rather than litres as the unit of measurement when filling up.
I either didn't spot it was US not UK gallons, or assumed by switching to UK measurements on my dashboard it would swap it. I can't remember! Anyway, I didn't pick litres in case it gave results in that mad 100km/L nonsense!
So for a year, every time I filled up, I multiplied the UK gallons by 1.2 to give the same MPG displayed on Fuelly as I worked out manually!
I was finally shown how to switch it back in edit vehicle, as my badge signature was showing the wrong MPG compared to my dashboard.
I was worried all my previous fill ups would then go haywire, and need re-entry, but they didn't.
However, when I filled up our other car yesterday, putting the 30.1 litres in I used to cover 380 miles, the Fuelly mpg came up as 57, not 44!
I stuck a fake 39 litres in to show real mpg, but its not ideal!
Am I screwed?
Can this be fixed, or do I need to go back to my previous bodged method, and forget about having a badge on my signature?!

Draigflag 05-03-2015 03:53 AM

Ben was that for your other car? You have to edit that vehicle too, each vehicle has its own settings/profile etc. Check both settings like I showed you ;)

benlovesgoddess 05-03-2015 04:13 AM

Hi, yeah - i did that first, and again after to check....! Both cars separately edited to take fill ups in litres not US gallons...!

benlovesgoddess 05-03-2015 07:41 AM

help with Fuelly settings...!

Hi, I've messed up, and i need some help...!
When i joined a year ago, i selected gallons, not litres, as the fill up unit of measurement.
I didnt notice they were US gallons, or assumed having dashboard settings to UK would sort it.
Everytime i filled up, i had to multiply my UK gallon figure by 1.2 to make the Fuelly displayed MPG the same as the figure i worked out myself...
Finally someone explained i had to edit vehicle and change to litres - this corrected my signature badge figure (showing 51.6, instead of my correct dashboard figure of 62 mpg).
However, when i filled our other car up yesterday, putting tye 30.1 litres used to travel 380 miles didnt display the 44.25 mpg i achieved, but 57!
I hastily put in a fake 39 litres to make the mpg 44.3...
Where do i go from here...?!
BAck to US gallons and bodging my figures again, deleting my account, iw tyere a way of getting correct results by entering the right info..?

RobertV 05-04-2015 06:34 AM

30.1 liters is 6.621072 UK Gallons so 380 / 6.621072 = 57.4 UK MPG

You were expecting 44.25?

benlovesgoddess 05-04-2015 10:54 AM

Hi Robert - you're absolutely right, sorry for wasting your time - here is what happened;
I filled up, working out the 44.25 MPG on the forecourt, remarkable as the car said 44.2 MPG, and it isn't usually exactly right.
I stuffed the receipt in my pocket to write up on Fuelly when I got home.
When I pulled the receipt out I typed in the 30.1 litres it said on it - and got 57!
It was a different, ancient, receipt....!
I've recently lost about 3 stone, and this jacket hadn't been worn for a couple of years.
The real receipt was there too, with 39.1 litres on....my Hyundai has a log book in the glove box, but the Honda is the wifes and shes not fussed, it lives on Fuelly alone!
I didn't even stop to check the maths, as
a) I was only expecting to have that one receipt
b) previously I'd had data entry confusion (self inflicted!)

RobertV 05-04-2015 12:56 PM

No worries. We all have our moments! :lol:

I saw your post last night/this morning (3am) and was too groggy to even attempt to do the maths (math isn't my strong suit to begin with).

I reached out to Freddie to double check for me, because the numbers I was getting weren't making sense on my end. haha.

Glad you're all sorted out though!