Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself - New member Welcome (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   South Carolina boy here (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f6/south-carolina-boy-here-1778.html)

basjoos 03-10-2006 07:39 PM

South Carolina boy here

Just joined this group after discovering it today. I drive a 92 Honda Civic CX with over 400,000 miles on it. My main commute is from Greenville, SC up the mountain to Asheville, NC and a secondary commute from Greenville, SC to Greenwood, SC. I drive the speed limit for the most part and do a lot of coasting, sometimes with the engine off. I used to keep my mileage database over at the Green Hybrid, but have transferred this past year's worth of MPG data over to this database. The car is called "Keeps on Rollin' on both databases.

SVOboy 03-10-2006 07:57 PM

Why did you decide to put

Why did you decide to put the DX engine in the car when the CX engine kicked out? Which transmission are you using now? How's the car doing for rust? What kinda speeds are we talking about? All highway?

That's a nice car, great numbers too. Sheesh, I heart Handa.

Matt Timion 03-10-2006 10:07 PM

Welcome to the group

Welcome to the group basjoos. Looks like you might have a thing or two to teach us. Very impressive mileage.

I'm just curious about a few things with your car.

First, I'll second SVOBoy's question about you using the DX engine.

Second, did you keep the CX Transmission when you went up to the DX engine?

Third, what about the computer?

Fourth, what are your secrets?

krousdb 03-11-2006 03:32 AM

Re: South Carolina boy here

Quote:

Originally Posted by basjoos
Just joined this group after discovering it today. I drive a 92 Honda Civic CX with over 400,000 miles on it. My main commute is from Greenville, SC up the mountain to Asheville, NC and a secondary commute from Greenville, SC to Greenwood, SC. I drive the speed limit for the most part and do a lot of coasting, sometimes with the engine off. I used to keep my mileage database over at the Green Hybrid, but have transferred this past year's worth of MPG data over to this database. The car is called "Keeps on Rollin' on both databases.

Glad to see you here basjoos! Yes, please tell us your secrets! Must be nice living in warm SC.

Compaq888 03-11-2006 04:51 AM

What annoys me is the more

What annoys me is the more members we get the better the gas mileages of the log. Mine is nowhere near there. I can't wait to purchase a honda.

krousdb 03-11-2006 05:13 AM

Re: What annoys me is the more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Compaq888
What annoys me is the more members we get the better the gas mileages of the log. Mine is nowhere near there. I can't wait to purchase a honda.

That is why I suggested a while back that along with an average MPG, the gaslog should be able to be sorted for % over the combined EPA rating. That way cars like yours that have a relatively low EPA combined rating don't get penalized for that.

kickflipjr 03-11-2006 07:07 AM

Was the cx built for fuel

Was the cx built for fuel economy. I just looked up the specs (Looks like it was). That is a big penalty for the auto tranny.

1992 CX

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.5 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 70 hp
Max Horsepower: 5000 rpm Torque: 91 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 2000 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Fuel Tank Capacity: 11.9 gal.
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Manual: 42 mpg / 48 mpg Automatic: : 30 mpg / 37 mpg

1992 DX

Performance
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.5 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 102 hp
Max Horsepower: 5900 rpm Torque: 98 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 5000 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Fuel Tank Capacity: 11.9 gal.
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Manual: 35 mpg / 40 mpg Automatic: : 30 mpg / 37 mpg

SVOboy 03-11-2006 07:17 AM

Quote:Was the cx built for

Quote:

Was the cx built for fuel economy. I just looked up the specs (Looks like it was).
Yes sir, yes it was. It is the 92-95 version of the CRX HF you prolly here us talking about all the time. The tranny on it isn't as nice but the engine is basically exactly the same. The car is also a little heavier and seats 4 or 5 rather then two.

Matt Timion 03-11-2006 08:54 AM

Re: What annoys me is the more

Quote:

Originally Posted by krousdb
That is why I suggested a while back that along with an average MPG, the gaslog should be able to be sorted for % over the combined EPA rating. That way cars like yours that have a relatively low EPA combined rating don't get penalized for that.

Now that I'm finally not sick anymore (well, not AS sick) I should be able to do this sometime today. I was considering doing something like GreenHybrid where you can post an image in you signature that has your mileage and other goodies on it.

SVOboy 03-11-2006 08:59 AM

You sure got over your

You sure got over your sickness quickly, I still feel like crap, :p

But on an unrelated note I just found a washer in my basement that looks like what disco suggested would fix my fuel problem.