Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   What is partially fuel up and Missed fuel up? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/what-is-partially-fuel-up-and-missed-fuel-up-17980.html)

Tony83 08-05-2015 09:58 AM

What is partially fuel up and Missed fuel up?

Hi guys! could someone explain me what the partially fuel up option is and the missed fuel up one?

I don't do my tank full, so have I to choose always the partially fuel up option when I add a fuel up?

Draigflag 08-05-2015 10:28 AM

Fuelly can only calculate your economy if you go from full, to empty, and then full again. You cannot calculate your economy unless you do this, every fuel up will be partial the way you do it.

A missed fuel up is if you are tracking via odometer reading only.

Draigflag 08-05-2015 10:46 AM

Looking at your figures I think you may have added most of your fuel ups incorrect, some are as low as 26 MPG, and other are 70 MPG, that's a huge difference.

Tony83 08-05-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 184655)
Fuelly can only calculate your economy if you go from full, to empty, and then full again. You cannot calculate your economy unless you do this, every fuel up will be partial the way you do it.

so I can't use this software because I don't go from full to empty.

Thanks for your reply

RobertV 08-05-2015 11:59 AM

You don't necessarily HAVE to go to empty. That's just ideal.

You just need to fill your tank (top it off) with every visit to the pump.
Even if you fillup when your gauge reads half-tank, as long as you pump until it's full (usually when the nozzle clicks/stops) then you're all set.

A partial fillup is if you only put in say "$5 worth" regardless of the amount of fuel you actually pumped.

So if you're at half a tank, visit the fuel station and only pump enough fuel to get you to the 3/4 line, then you have NOT filled-up, and must mark it as a Partial Fill.

Tony83 08-05-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 184658)
You don't necessarily HAVE to go to empty. That's just ideal.

You just need to fill your tank (top it off) with every visit to the pump.
Even if you fillup when your gauge reads half-tank, as long as you pump until it's full (usually when the nozzle clicks/stops) then you're all set.

A partial fillup is if you only put in say "$5 worth" regardless of the amount of fuel you actually pumped.

So if you're at half a tank, visit the fuel station and only pump enough fuel to get you to the 3/4 line, then you have NOT filled-up, and must mark it as a Partial Fill.

So should I modify all my fuel up records in partially fuel up because I have never filled the tank fully?

RobertV 08-05-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony83 (Post 184662)
So should I modify all my fuel up records in partially fuel up because I have never filled the tank fully?

If you don't fill the tank completely, then yes, you made a Partial fill.

Draigflag 08-05-2015 12:46 PM

This same issue comes up time and time again on fuelly. I've pointed out numerous times that in many parts of the World, high fuel prices mean most people rarely fill thier tanks ever. It's a great programme for some people, but doesn't suit everyone! :)

Tony83 08-05-2015 12:53 PM

Thanks a lot for your replies. I'll try to use the software in the correct way

RobertV 08-05-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 184670)
This same issue comes up time and time again on fuelly. I've pointed out numerous times that in many parts of the World, high fuel prices mean most people rarely fill thier tanks ever. It's a great programme for some people, but doesn't suit everyone! :)

So what would you suggest as an alternative?