Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   New Options for Fuel Up (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/new-options-for-fuel-up-18121.html)

spoonfed 08-29-2015 08:11 AM

New Options for Fuel Up

Hi,

I like the idea of collecting extra data during the fuel-up.

Can I point out that usually a car will have different tyre pressures for the front and rear. So ideally you need two boxes for that. Also you may need to specify the units, PSI or Bar/kPa.

My vehicle also shows average speed and its own mpg data.

Could you collect that? The average speed is a very good indicator of what kind of driving the car has done (lower speed usually indicates traffic congestion) and the car's optimistic mpg could be laughed at by all.

I couldn't see a specific place for suggestions, if there is then please point me in the right direction.

Draigflag 08-29-2015 09:20 AM

The average speed idea has been suggested before, pretty sure they might add it. Also driving time is another popular option, alot of cars display this too, as you could also determine average speed from that given you already enter the distance.

Charon 08-30-2015 04:52 AM

I don't use the only vehicle I have on Fuelly very often, so I had not looked at the new "Add Fuel-up" page. Frankly, it annoyed me when it asked for my location. I then looked at the form, and I cannot see many users bothering to add fuel grade, tire pressure (to be accurate, it would have to be checked at the time of adding fuel and nobody is going to do that), type of payment (which has absolutely nothing to do with fuel usage), and more. Even time-of-day is something unimportant to me, unless I were using trip odometer and had several fills on the same day, in which case it might be slightly useful for ordering the fills. I am almost surprised there isn't an option to add percentage of time the A/C is running. I have a nasty suspicion that the more information is requested, the fewer users will continue using the system.

Draigflag 08-30-2015 10:34 AM

Isn't all of that optional Charon? You don't have to input any of that if you don't want to, I certainly don't. Most people don't bother keeping records of such intricate details.

TVdoorknob 08-30-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charon (Post 184969)
... I have a nasty suspicion that the more information is requested, the fewer users will continue using the system.

Agreed. I am not interested in entering the additional data and I would really like the option to click a button that says "I never want to enter this data" and never see those fields again. Using the old simplified mobile web site for logging a fuel-ups would be just fine with me. The simplicity of data entry is what attracted me to Fuelly in the first place.

Yes, I understand it's optional to make the entries, but it complicates it and I'm just trying to get moving again after filling up. My phone is kind of old and if I don't scroll just right I'll find that I'm entering some (inaccurate) data that I didn't want to enter in the first place. My phone may be a decroded piece of crap.

Charon 08-31-2015 03:51 AM

I don't use a phone to enter the data. I wait until I have access to my computer at home. That makes the "time" a nuisance, because Fuelly defaults to computer time and that is likely hours off. Fuel cost is something I enter, but it is of no real value because fuel costs are pretty volatile. Location is questionable - do they want the location in which the vehicle is registered or the location of the fuel purchase? Payment type looks more like "big brother" than anything related to fuel.

Another gripe, which isn't really related to Fuelly, is the modern electronic readouts for odometer and trip meter. They usually turn off with the ignition, so in order to make entries I have to either leave the engine running, or shut it off and then turn the switch back on to read the mileages. The old mechanical readouts were much more usable. Just as annoying, on my truck there is only one readout, and it has to be "toggled" from odometer to trip. My motorcycle's mechanical readout has both visible at the same time, and they are readable with the ignition off.

abbot33 09-03-2015 11:14 PM

Nice Idea. I will sure;y try it.

abbot33 09-04-2015 01:12 AM

Surely*
sorry spelling mistake

SoCalDude 09-18-2015 09:53 AM

I take my tire pressure readings directly from my dashboard display and it gives readings for each individual tire (four readings).

How would I enter all four tire readings? It required a number. 35.36.34.36 isn't a numeric value. Neither is 35 36 34 36.

I had to enter it as 35363436, which is not intuitive at all. Didn't the developers at Fuelly solicit input from drivers before they decided to implement this? How did this possibly get released?

n2it 09-20-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalDude (Post 185310)
I take my tire pressure readings directly from my dashboard display and it gives readings for each individual tire (four readings).

How would I enter all four tire readings? It required a number. 35.36.34.36 isn't a numeric value. Neither is 35 36 34 36.

I had to enter it as 35363436, which is not intuitive at all. Didn't the developers at Fuelly solicit input from drivers before they decided to implement this? How did this possibly get released?

I agree - I think it would be nice be able to enter each tire reading separately. I end up putting in the notes section. I also would like that there to be a place to indicate oil check / level at each fill-up - I put in the notes, but would like a field (or maybe drop down that defaults to no reading: Full, Partial, Low, No reading taken) - and ideally a place to put quantity if I have to add oil during the fill-up