Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   v3 app crashes every time (http://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/v3-app-crashes-every-time-18142.html)

anjp 09-10-2015 11:11 AM

v3 app crashes every time
 
Was this app tested on IPhone 4 (ios 7.1.2)? It won't load and simply crashes on the start screen. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app and it still crashes.

Works fine on my wife's iphone 6.

-Andrew

RobertV 09-10-2015 11:50 AM

Does it let you login at all?
If it does let you login, is it crashing as it's attempting to sync your data?

anjp 09-10-2015 12:08 PM

The first time it loaded up I was able to enter my credentials and then it hung on the data sync. Now it just crashes immediately.
I uninstall/reinstall and same things happen.

RobertV 09-10-2015 01:12 PM

Sounds like a memory (or lack thereof) issue causing the crash. Especially since you can login fine on your wife's device.

Here's some tips you can try to speed up your device/free up some RAM- Top 5 tips to speed up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s running iOS 7 | iMore

Alternatively, I would recommend using the mobile web site to log fuel ups: m.fuelly.com

robbieracer1 09-10-2015 01:31 PM

I have the same thing, got to the log on, then it always crashes. I have a iphone 4 too on 7.1.2.

robbieracer1 09-10-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185122)
Sounds like a memory (or lack thereof) issue causing the crash. Especially since you can login fine on your wife's device.

Here's some tips you can try to speed up your device/free up some RAM- Top 5 tips to speed up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s running iOS 7 | iMore

Alternatively, I would recommend using the mobile web site to log fuel ups: m.fuelly.com

I did these recommendations and it still crashes every time.

RobertV 09-10-2015 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbieracer1 (Post 185126)
I have the same thing, got to the log on, then it always crashes. I have a iphone 4 too on 7.1.2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbieracer1 (Post 185127)
I did these recommendations and it still crashes every time.

Sadly, it seems the verdict is the iPhone 4 has a problem with running out of RAM when running memory intensive apps, and therefore is what's causing the crash.
I'll talk with our developer to see if there's any more trimming we can do, but I know we spent over 3 weeks trimming down the memory usage significantly (and as much as we could at the time). Therefore, I'm not sure what else can be done to help those few of you with the iPhone 4.

derek77 09-10-2015 05:10 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, but I have a 5s running ios 7.1.2. Tried all the rebooting. Delete and reinstall. Nothing works.

anjp 09-10-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185122)
Sounds like a memory (or lack thereof) issue causing the crash. Especially since you can login fine on your wife's device.

Here's some tips you can try to speed up your device/free up some RAM- Top 5 tips to speed up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s running iOS 7 | iMore

Alternatively, I would recommend using the mobile web site to log fuel ups: m.fuelly.com

It could be a RAM issue. But it does it on a fresh boot also... so if it is truly a memory-related crash, the program must be using a lot.

Was v3 ever tested on an iphone 4 or an ios 7 device?

RobertV 09-10-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek77 (Post 185140)
Mine is doing the same thing, but I have a 5s running ios 7.1.2. Tried all the rebooting. Delete and reinstall. Nothing works.

This is strange. The 5S shouldn't be running out of memory. I think you're the only one so far that's reporting a crash. Are you able to login at all? When is the app crashing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185142)
It could be a RAM issue. But it does it on a fresh boot also... so if it is truly a memory-related crash, the program must be using a lot.

Honestly, there are only 2 reasons for a crash-
Running out of memory or an OS-specific issue.
iOS7 isn't much different from 8 in regards to the stuff we're using.
The fact that you can login to your account/sync your data on your wife's device means there's nothing in the data that's triggering the crash.
This leaves us with ultimately, lack of memory on your specific device.
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185142)
Was v3 ever tested on an iphone 4 or an ios 7 device?

Yes; there is no reason for the app not to work on your specific device/iOS version other than a memory issue.
Keep in mind our testing devices aren't necessarily our primary phone/device. So they aren't going to be filled with many apps, pictures/media, etc and may have just enough RAM to complete the sync process while yours may not.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.