Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   v3 app crashes every time (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/v3-app-crashes-every-time-18142.html)

anjp 09-10-2015 10:11 AM

v3 app crashes every time

Was this app tested on IPhone 4 (ios 7.1.2)? It won't load and simply crashes on the start screen. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app and it still crashes.

Works fine on my wife's iphone 6.

-Andrew

RobertV 09-10-2015 10:50 AM

Does it let you login at all?
If it does let you login, is it crashing as it's attempting to sync your data?

anjp 09-10-2015 11:08 AM

The first time it loaded up I was able to enter my credentials and then it hung on the data sync. Now it just crashes immediately.
I uninstall/reinstall and same things happen.

RobertV 09-10-2015 12:12 PM

Sounds like a memory (or lack thereof) issue causing the crash. Especially since you can login fine on your wife's device.

Here's some tips you can try to speed up your device/free up some RAM- Top 5 tips to speed up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s running iOS 7 | iMore

Alternatively, I would recommend using the mobile web site to log fuel ups: m.fuelly.com

robbieracer1 09-10-2015 12:31 PM

I have the same thing, got to the log on, then it always crashes. I have a iphone 4 too on 7.1.2.

robbieracer1 09-10-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185122)
Sounds like a memory (or lack thereof) issue causing the crash. Especially since you can login fine on your wife's device.

Here's some tips you can try to speed up your device/free up some RAM- Top 5 tips to speed up an iPhone 4 or iPhone 4s running iOS 7 | iMore

Alternatively, I would recommend using the mobile web site to log fuel ups: m.fuelly.com

I did these recommendations and it still crashes every time.

RobertV 09-10-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbieracer1 (Post 185126)
I have the same thing, got to the log on, then it always crashes. I have a iphone 4 too on 7.1.2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbieracer1 (Post 185127)
I did these recommendations and it still crashes every time.

Sadly, it seems the verdict is the iPhone 4 has a problem with running out of RAM when running memory intensive apps, and therefore is what's causing the crash.
I'll talk with our developer to see if there's any more trimming we can do, but I know we spent over 3 weeks trimming down the memory usage significantly (and as much as we could at the time). Therefore, I'm not sure what else can be done to help those few of you with the iPhone 4.

derek77 09-10-2015 04:10 PM

Mine is doing the same thing, but I have a 5s running ios 7.1.2. Tried all the rebooting. Delete and reinstall. Nothing works.

anjp 09-10-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185122)

It could be a RAM issue. But it does it on a fresh boot also... so if it is truly a memory-related crash, the program must be using a lot.

Was v3 ever tested on an iphone 4 or an ios 7 device?

RobertV 09-10-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek77 (Post 185140)
Mine is doing the same thing, but I have a 5s running ios 7.1.2. Tried all the rebooting. Delete and reinstall. Nothing works.

This is strange. The 5S shouldn't be running out of memory. I think you're the only one so far that's reporting a crash. Are you able to login at all? When is the app crashing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185142)
It could be a RAM issue. But it does it on a fresh boot also... so if it is truly a memory-related crash, the program must be using a lot.

Honestly, there are only 2 reasons for a crash-
Running out of memory or an OS-specific issue.
iOS7 isn't much different from 8 in regards to the stuff we're using.
The fact that you can login to your account/sync your data on your wife's device means there's nothing in the data that's triggering the crash.
This leaves us with ultimately, lack of memory on your specific device.
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185142)
Was v3 ever tested on an iphone 4 or an ios 7 device?

Yes; there is no reason for the app not to work on your specific device/iOS version other than a memory issue.
Keep in mind our testing devices aren't necessarily our primary phone/device. So they aren't going to be filled with many apps, pictures/media, etc and may have just enough RAM to complete the sync process while yours may not.

abbot33 09-11-2015 12:15 AM

I haven't install it yet.

Lazarus 09-11-2015 06:03 AM

Crashes on iPhone 6+ too. See post in v3 sticky. Good luck in getting a fix ;)

derek77 09-11-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185143)
This is strange. The 5S shouldn't be running out of memory. I think you're the only one so far that's reporting a crash. Are you able to login at all? When is the app crashing?

From a fresh install, opening the program for the first time, it goes to the white screen with this versions changes. Then it crashes. Reopening it opens to the login screen. After 3 mins of syncing data it has a continue button on the bottom. Click continue and it crashes. That's as far as it will go.

goodspeed 09-11-2015 05:15 PM

iphone 4 IOS 7.1.2 same issue here since the update, I can't access to the app crash all the time.

GIJoe94 09-12-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek77 (Post 185201)
From a fresh install, opening the program for the first time, it goes to the white screen with this versions changes. Then it crashes. Reopening it opens to the login screen. After 3 mins of syncing data it has a continue button on the bottom. Click continue and it crashes. That's as far as it will go.

Exactly the scenario I experienced on my 5s on OS 7.
Very aggrivated and disappointed.. This was a forced update and now I'm stuck... Right before a weeks long road trip out west.... :(

anjp 09-13-2015 09:53 AM

Is there any way to roll back to v2 ?

RobertV 09-13-2015 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185226)
Is there any way to roll back to v2 ?

No; Apple does not permit such an action.

LittleHim 09-14-2015 10:39 AM

Unless the data on the Fuelly website is altered for v3 there is a pain in the *** way to go back to v2. If you have a backup of the v2 file you can do several steps to get it back, do an internet search for it.

sokratys 09-15-2015 04:27 AM

iOS 7 on a 4s.... closing all the apps in the background (nothing running), it crashes right away, and all you see if you bring it up from the background (it's running there, just sitting), it shows the what's new screen, well part of it anyway - I assume there are controls to acknowledge the what's new screen - but then immediately drops to the background... won't stay running in the foreground - just floats around. you can run other apps and have them in the background there too - this one just doesn't stay in the foreground long enough to try and even figure out how to acknowledge the what's new banner (you see maybe 2/3 of the banner)

FTL 09-15-2015 08:24 AM

I'm having the same crash on startup problem on my iPhone 4, with no further response from Robert after an initial email. I see there's another new version at the App Store, but it doesn't address this issue.

I've reverted to 2.1, which continues to work well.

RobertV 09-15-2015 10:20 AM

We're digging into how to trim some more to make this less memory intensive.

It was talked about having some of you install a Memory Monitor-type app on your device so you can see just how much RAM you have, and how much of it is being used by all your other apps. It's not unheard of for a rogue app to be leaching your device's resources even though you don't have it running.

However, it seems Apple has truly made it difficult for thirdparty apps to see this data and report it back to you reliably (we tried 2 different apps and ran the scan at the same time and received 2 wildly different reports). Therefore I do not feel confident in recommending any specific app for you to use, because I have no idea how inaccurate it's response may be, and ultimately unhelpful to you in this situation.

Last night I tried numerous times to replicate what you all are describing on my iPod Touch. Granted it is newer than the iPhone 4 most of you are reportedly having the issues on, but in our initial Alpha testing my iPod was having trouble keeping up with the iPhones in regards to this similar issue. But I have not been able to create a crash on my device. It's frustrating, I know. It's more frustrating for us that we are unable to replicate this crash on any of our devices as well. The crash reports are all pointing to a lack of memory, but evidently all our test devices have plenty and therefore wont trigger a crash.

Ryderod 09-17-2015 12:27 AM

New version crashes on both my 4S and my iPad 2. Both are running iOS 7. Now I only have fuelly running on my 5S with iOS 8.

keanster 09-17-2015 02:11 PM

I have an iPhone 6 plus with 128mb of memory. Only using 1/2 of it and after the update i noticed a couple of things. My wife who uses Android uploaded a couple of fill ups on our trip and when I logged in, they did not show up. I logged out of my iPhone and logged back in. Upon logging back in, it immediately kicks out of the program. When I relaunch it, it says that I have no vehicles.

Now I have logged into the App from the internet and I can see my wife's fill-ups without issue but I still can't log into the app from my iPhone and see anything. Something broke in the last update. Needs to be fixed.

DasBaldGuy 09-18-2015 05:28 AM

I have the same issue...iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1.2 and the GasTracker app launches, I see a white splash screen that is too large for my screen, no "OK" button to click and after a few seconds it disappears...if I double click the home button I see it is still running, I can select it but it will disappear a few seconds later. I restarted my phone, same issue. Deleted GasTracker and reloaded it from the AppStore...same issue.

DasBaldGuy 09-18-2015 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjp (Post 185120)
The first time it loaded up I was able to enter my credentials and then it hung on the data sync. Now it just crashes immediately.
I uninstall/reinstall and same things happen.

Exact same issue with my iPhone 5s with iOS 7.1.2 :mad:

Sonicendeavor 09-21-2015 11:50 AM

New version released today but nothing has changed - still crashes and leaves that white screen open with the update info. Another untested release :(
Iphone4. iOS 7

derek77 09-21-2015 04:00 PM

While it could very well be a ram issue, the common denominator seems to be ios 7.

Sonicendeavor 09-22-2015 09:39 AM

Rebooted my iPhone 4 running iOS 7 and with no apps running tried opening Gas Tracker and same results - crash with the white info screen left open.
Here's the beginning of the crash log. Let me know if you want me to e-mail the entire log.

{"name":"GasTracker","bug_type":"109","os_version" :"iPhone OS 7.1.2 (11D257)","bundleID":"com.s2it.GasTracker","versio n":"3.0.2.11 (3.0.2)","app_name":"GasTracker"}
Incident Identifier: E14AE85C-9688-4D7D-B318-7D71DC717D68
CrashReporter Key: 9d4b5284ff8ed1693e3a2dee0dc431baa8b14d79
Hardware Model: iPhone3,1
Process: GasTracker [339]
Path: /var/mobile/Applications/6676C82F-98E9-4AB4-AF01-FDE731D27F40/GasTracker.app/GasTracker
Identifier: com.s2it.GasTracker
Version: 3.0.2.11 (3.0.2)
Code Type: ARM (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]

Date/Time: 2015-09-22 10:19:31.286 -0700
OS Version: iOS 7.1.2 (11D257)
Report Version: 104

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Triggered by Thread: 0

ProDarwin 09-22-2015 10:52 AM

I have a 4s with iOS7. Crashes every time.

Also, it appears to have dropped the last fuel up I had before the update.

RobertV 09-22-2015 11:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor (Post 185350)
New version released today but nothing has changed - still crashes and leaves that white screen open with the update info. Another untested release :(
Iphone4. iOS 7

That's simply not true.
As for the What's New screen, we simply cannot figure out why it's acting odd for some of you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Our Developer
...Auto layout, which is an apple framework they have had in place since ios6, defines the bounds of that box and it is set to 40px inset based on device screen size for all devices... The copy inside is scrollable if needed...
Attachment 1834
^What it looks like in a simulator

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek77 (Post 185354)
While it could very well be a ram issue, the common denominator seems to be ios 7.

Indeed. We're still digging into this.

RobertV 09-22-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor (Post 185362)
Rebooted my iPhone 4 running iOS 7 and with no apps running tried opening Gas Tracker and same results - crash with the white info screen left open.
Here's the beginning of the crash log. Let me know if you want me to e-mail the entire log.
~snip~

Missed this before- Please email the log to support@fuelly.com
I know Josh is already receiving crashlogs but I'll pass this along if he finds it useful.

Ryderod 09-23-2015 12:28 AM

Update hasn't helped, app still crashes on both iPad and iPhone, have now uninstalled on iPad and am testing other apps.

Sonicendeavor 09-25-2015 12:21 PM

FYI - My iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2 reports 270mb free memory with no apps open. When I open Gas Tracker, memory drops to 240mb - still plenty of memory, but the app crashes and leaves that improperly sized update notes page open. I have 2.5 gigs of unused storage.

RobertV 09-25-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonicendeavor (Post 185436)
FYI - My iPhone 4 running iOS 7.1.2 reports 270mb free memory with no apps open. When I open Gas Tracker, memory drops to 240mb - still plenty of memory, but the app crashes and leaves that improperly sized update notes page open. I have 2.5 gigs of unused storage.

What are you using to get those numbers?

uncultivated 09-29-2015 12:57 PM

I am experiencing this issue too. I was logged in and was able to add fuel-ups. I logged out and then when I logged in it said I had no Vehicles. When I refresh the app crashes.

OnyxHaze 09-29-2015 08:45 PM

Hello, I have an iPhone 5c running iOS 7.1.2,

unlike the previous times where i would get the wrong size "whats new page" freeze, then an app crash after each following attempt at opening fuelly

today after downloading a fresh copy of the app, i experienced something new. the app launched, it took me to the log in screen, i entered in my email and password and and then it took me the the "whats new page" it actually fit the screen so i was like, cool...

however

the "whats new page" was blank, all white and soon after my whole phone crashed and did a hard/soft reset. all black straight to the apple logo on power up type of reset.

i deleted the app, reinstalled and this time after entering my email and password, it looked like it was syncing but it crashed right away and took me to my iphone screen. just crashed after everytime i opened it...

I think you are right... the common theme is iOS 7

good luck, i really enjoyed using the app, hope to in the near future...

robbieracer1 10-09-2015 12:30 PM

I have the AirWatch Agent app on my iphone 4 (7.1.2) and shows 120 MB of free memory

Can't believe there's still no fix for this, the web page sucks/slow when using it at the gas station while filling up. Wish I never up graded to this non-working app.

RobertV 10-09-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbieracer1 (Post 185691)
I have the AirWatch Agent app on my iphone 4 (7.1.2) and shows 120 MB of free memory

Can't believe there's still no fix for this, the web page sucks/slow when using it at the gas station while filling up. Wish I never up graded to this non-working app.

The bolded text has me concerned. Are you using the main site, or Fuelly Mobile- m.fuelly.com on your mobile device? How is your data connection?

Ryderod 10-30-2015 12:39 AM

New update was supposed to fix memory load and crashing issues on older devices so I re-installed the app and tested on an iPhone 4S.
Still no joy, crashes all the time.

GeoGlenn 10-30-2015 09:03 AM

Version 3.0.3. IPhone 4 (ios 7.1.2). The what's new page maximizes to where I can't access the red X to close it.

I can not use this update.