Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   GasTracker- "Data Loss"/Unsynced Data/Backups Status (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/gastracker-data-loss-unsynced-data-backups-status-18180.html)

RobertV 09-30-2015 10:14 PM

GasTracker- "Data Loss"/Unsynced Data/Backups Status

If you have experienced an instance where your data has gone missing after you updated to v3 of GasTracker this thread is for you-

With the release of GasTracker 3.0 it was soon brought to our attention that some users were experiencing some data loss after updating their app. This was due to v2 not completely syncing the data to Fuelly.com and when the update was installed, those unsynced fuel ups were wiped from the local memory.
The reason(s) for the data not being synced could be because:
  • Poor (or No) Data connection
  • Missing data (No Gallons Entered, or Odometer entered)
  • App was shut down prior to sync completing
  • Entered data while in Offline mode
These are the common ones. However, there are other various reasons that could've led to a lack of your data syncing.

Regardless of your specific case; we provided another update that introduced a way to send us a copy of your backup file. This file pulls any local data that may still be stored on your device (only if you hadn't already deleted GasTracker and thus wiped that data). As we received these files we started digging through them individually to find the root cause for the data not syncing and then finding a fix to push them back into your profile. It's been a long and tedious process and we value your patience and support.

I'm happy to say that as of this writing 85% of the backups we've received have been processed and any recoverable data has already been imported back into your profile. The remaining backups will be handled as quickly as possible and I'll update this thread once all of them have been sorted.

I'll also be emailing all the users whose data we've restored soon. If you've submitted feedback through the app requesting a status update, I'll also be responding to those too, but keep an eye out for the email first.

Cheers!

RobertV 10-01-2015 02:28 PM

We have completed processing ALL backups that we've received thus far.

I've compiled a list of all the users who have submitted a backup and we've restored data to, and I'll be sending out an email soon.

Please, if you know you've submitted a backup and/or had data missing, review your vehicle profiles and make any necessary edits/corrections to the now restored data.

Some necessary edits may include entries that have 0 Odometer or 0 Miles Traveled, or have the Total Price Value in the Price per Unit field. Additionally, we noted an instance where fuel ups were showing a lower odometer value than that of prior log entries. This is caused by fuel up entries that alternated their tracking methods between "Odometer Tracking" and "Miles Since Last Fuel up", without having changed Vehicle Settings to reflect that same tracking method.

lookinforlinks 10-02-2015 11:57 AM

Here is what confuses me. My service data was logged in using the Notes section where I designated the item as Service. These were all entered into my iphone Fuelly App. I resync my iphone as requested and alerted Fuelly. I still cannot see my Service data in the Notes section of my iphone but it is now listed when I access my account via my desktop. Why can't I see the same information in my iphone? Other than this hiccup, the program is great to use. Thanks. Ken

RobertV 10-02-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookinforlinks (Post 185575)
Here is what confuses me. My service data was logged in using the Notes section where I designated the item as Service. These were all entered into my iphone Fuelly App. I resync my iphone as requested and alerted Fuelly. I still cannot see my Service data in the Notes section of my iphone but it is now listed when I access my account via my desktop. Why can't I see the same information in my iphone? Other than this hiccup, the program is great to use. Thanks. Ken

You may need to just log out and then back in or force a sync by swiping down on the left side menu. This should populate the information into the app to match Fuelly.com.

julian-alice 10-04-2015 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185582)
You may need to just log out and then back in or force a sync by swiping down on the left side menu. This should populate the information into the app to match Fuelly.com.

After reading this thread I realized my logs had been updated on the web site. I haven't received an email and never saw the missing logs in the app.

I followed the above advice to log out and log back in and the app would crash every time I'd try to log in. Kill then relaunch the app and my list of cars would be blank.

Deleting the app and re-downloading fixed it.

red5_00 10-06-2015 10:24 AM

data missing???

I downloaded the app about 2 months ago. Added my car. did 3 gas fill ups.

Today when I went to use it there was no data. Nothing on my web profile either.

Do I need to just start over? (frustrating)

Can I do it all from the app, or do I need to set it up via website?

RobertV 10-06-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red5_00 (Post 185635)
I downloaded the app about 2 months ago. Added my car. did 3 gas fill ups.

Today when I went to use it there was no data. Nothing on my web profile either.

Do I need to just start over? (frustrating)

Can I do it all from the app, or do I need to set it up via website?

I responded to your feedback in the app a little while ago. We were still processing your backup as it was only just received today.
Your 2 vehicles and 3 fuel ups that were unsynced and in your backup file have been restored-
red5_00's Profile | Fuelly

swordfish2007 10-07-2015 05:36 PM

Looks like I have about 50 some-odd fill-ups that got corrupted. Some that are out of date (date vs. odo not matching), some that have the CITY/HWY set (I don't ever use that feature)...

RobertV 10-07-2015 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swordfish2007 (Post 185664)
Looks like I have about 50 some-odd fill-ups that got corrupted. Some that are out of date (date vs. odo not matching), some that have the CITY/HWY set (I don't ever use that feature)...

Could you please provide me with some specific examples so we can look into it further?

drventure31 11-29-2015 10:50 AM

greetings!
i've been having some issues with the iOS app too for the past month or os.
whenever i launch the app it would say 'not signed in' then i would hit the sign in option. all seemed to work fine since my data was there from the past and i could keep logging.
finally after seeing the 'not signed in' message for about 10 fillups, I decided to just log out completely and re-signin. BINGO. it worked! no more popups!
however, i've lost logs 66-71 :(
anyway i can recover those? I've tried hitting the unsynced Data Recovery option but that did nothing.
2nd item - whenever i hit the 'Feedback button' the app instantly crashes 3.0.4 build 3.0.4.9
please help! thanks!

phreebsd 11-29-2015 06:45 PM

same thing happened to me just now. ^
same exact situation.
i lost the last 2 months worth of data.

phreebsd 11-29-2015 06:54 PM

looks like i have found our answer in another thread and it isn't a good one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 186255)
I'm glad you bumped this.

Our Developer is currently working on an update that will address this particular logged out/unsynced data issue.
It'll force you to log out entirely BUT (and here's the important part) it wont purge the unsynced/local data). It'll hang onto it until you log back in, so that you can then sync it with Fuelly.

In the meantime, please DO NOT delete, uninstall or try logging out manually yourself, as these options will delete local/unsynced data without the ability to recover.

RobertV 11-29-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drventure31 (Post 186304)
greetings!
i've been having some issues with the iOS app too for the past month or os.
whenever i launch the app it would say 'not signed in' then i would hit the sign in option. all seemed to work fine since my data was there from the past and i could keep logging.
finally after seeing the 'not signed in' message for about 10 fillups, I decided to just log out completely and re-signin. BINGO. it worked! no more popups!
however, i've lost logs 66-71 :(

There's currently a thread specifically for this topic-
Gas Tracker+ Logged Out
This is where others who have experienced the Offline/logged out popup have grouped their feedback. That link should take you to my latest post there.
Our Developer is currently working on an update that should help preserve the data that is/has been entered while "logged out" and hasn't synced. Unfortunately... logging out out of the app manually, or deleting it altogether (reinstall) wipes that local unsynced data.
Quote:

anyway i can recover those? I've tried hitting the unsynced Data Recovery option but that did nothing.

:( I'm not 100% sure. Once we get that build wrapped up and tested on our end, I'll know for sure. The current Data Recovery tool wouldn't catch the data entered while "logged out" unfortunately.
Quote:

2nd item - whenever i hit the 'Feedback button' the app instantly crashes 3.0.4 build 3.0.4.9
please help! thanks!

That's not good! What device and what device and iOS version are you running?

drventure31 12-05-2015 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 186312)
There's currently a thread specifically for this topic-
Gas Tracker+ Logged Out
This is where others who have experienced the Offline/logged out popup have grouped their feedback. That link should take you to my latest post there.
Our Developer is currently working on an update that should help preserve the data that is/has been entered while "logged out" and hasn't synced. Unfortunately... logging out out of the app manually, or deleting it altogether (reinstall) wipes that local unsynced data.

:( I'm not 100% sure. Once we get that build wrapped up and tested on our end, I'll know for sure. The current Data Recovery tool wouldn't catch the data entered while "logged out" unfortunately.

That's not good! What device and what device and iOS version are you running?

RobertV - im currently running iOS 9.0.2 on iPhone 6S+
thanks!

stagrlee 12-29-2015 10:45 AM

The gas tracker app looks like it is missing data on iOS. Swipping down activates a refresh and the data appears. Is this normal?

RobertV 12-29-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stagrlee (Post 186590)
The gas tracker app looks like it is missing data on iOS. Swipping down activates a refresh and the data appears. Is this normal?

Sometimes the app does need to be refreshed/sync in the event you were in the event of an interrupted signal/connection.

Are you saying this happens ALL the time (very frequently)?
What kind of data is/was missing? Large chunks of data or most recent fuel up/entry?