Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   iOS | Fuelly Mobile (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/)
-   -   Import ACar Data Into Gas Cubby (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f41/import-acar-data-into-gas-cubby-18197.html)

therza2169 10-08-2015 06:31 PM

Import ACar Data Into Gas Cubby

Is there anyway to import Acar data into Gas Buddy? I'm a pro user on both. I don't mind exporting to CSV and then importing if that works.

RobertV 10-08-2015 08:21 PM

Gas Cubby does not currently have an import function.
If you can hang tight a little longer, both will have sync to Fuelly which will achieve your intended result.

therza2169 10-09-2015 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185679)
Gas Cubby does not currently have an import function.
If you can hang tight a little longer, both will have sync to Fuelly which will achieve your intended result.

Do you have an ETA on that? I'm mainly just worried about my service records as my Android decided to self erase itself yesterday and wipe out all my fill up date since June :mad:.

RobertV 10-09-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therza2169 (Post 185685)
Do you have an ETA on that? I'm mainly just worried about my service records as my Android decided to self erase itself yesterday and wipe out all my fill up date since June :mad:.

I hoping just a couple of months. Right now we're laser focused on getting Gas Cubby (iOS) ready to launch with sync to Fuelly. After that is release we can focus our attention on pushing out aCar's beta release.

therza2169 10-15-2015 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185688)
I hoping just a couple of months. Right now we're laser focused on getting Gas Cubby (iOS) ready to launch with sync to Fuelly. After that is release we can focus our attention on pushing out aCar's beta release.

Robert, I have taken the SQL Lite database and modified it using one of my backups from when I switched from Gas Cubby to ACar a while back. Everything came across great except for the dates. From the looks of it you are using a base date and adding minutes to it to get the float value for the date field. Can you let me know what your base date is, and if you have the formula to covert it that would be even better. Sorry for the odd request lol.

RobertV 10-15-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therza2169 (Post 185771)
Robert, I have taken the SQL Lite database and modified it using one of my backups from when I switched from Gas Cubby to ACar a while back. Everything came across great except for the dates. From the looks of it you are using a base date and adding minutes to it to get the float value for the date field. Can you let me know what your base date is, and if you have the formula to covert it that would be even better. Sorry for the odd request lol.

From what I've read/been told-
Quote:

"Apple documentation states that iOS data/time values are stored as a time value relative to an absolute reference date-the first instant of 1 January 2001."
Timestamp column in iOS SQLite database | Remko Weijnen's Blog (Remko's Blog)

As for a specific formula... that's above my understanding... so I'll have to get back to you on that.

therza2169 10-16-2015 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertV (Post 185772)
From what I've read/been told-

Timestamp column in iOS SQLite database | Remko Weijnen's Blog (Remko's Blog)

As for a specific formula... that's above my understanding... so I'll have to get back to you on that.

Thank you Robert for that. I checked it, and you guys are using 1/1/1970 for the base date, and adding the seconds since then. I will modify the tables again tonight. Thanks!

KenRudd 12-18-2015 05:56 AM

I am in the same boat, prior ACAR user with lots of data history, switched to iOS/Gas Cubby and would like to get the Data Over!

therza2169 12-18-2015 06:18 AM

If you can pull a backup of the SQLLITE database from Gas Cubby, and have an export from aCar you can marry the data together, just takes some trial and error.

jodfie 01-11-2016 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therza2169 (Post 186507)
If you can pull a backup of the SQLLITE database from Gas Cubby, and have an export from aCar you can marry the data together, just takes some trial and error.

can you elaborate a little more on this process?