Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Number of fuel ups is false... (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/number-of-fuel-ups-is-false-18492.html)

14Corolla 03-26-2016 04:39 AM

Number of fuel ups is false...

There is no way this is correct. You really should consider updating how this calculates.
It does not take in the date of the fill up. Only when it's posted is taken as the fill up date.
I also don't know how it possibly comes up with averaging 4 fill ups a month? I do two.

Draigflag 03-26-2016 08:05 AM

When you add a fuel up, there is a section where you can put in the date of when you filled up, regardless of how long ago it was. Not sure about the "per month" query, mine is accurate at 1 per month.

14Corolla 03-26-2016 01:04 PM

I do enter the date. It seems to ignore it?

RobertV 03-26-2016 03:03 PM

Can you add a bogus fill up (and then delete it) to see if that refreshes that count?

I'm not sure where it's pulling that number from actually since you have 2 fillups/month and 1 note/month.

Did you at any point add more fillups or edit/delete any?

14Corolla 03-26-2016 04:29 PM

I didn't add any. Don't think I did any editing after posting. Didn't delete any.

It seems it has been goofed up right from when I started. Posted two fill ups. Filled in the dates. It immediately posted two fill ups a week?

Since it is you who asked. I'll go ahead and post a bogus fillup today. Then delete it. I hope the mileage I guess for doesn't stay there....Doh!

14Corolla 03-26-2016 04:36 PM

Ok.... I added one...
It came up with 5 fuel ups a month.
Deleted it.
Went back to 4 fuel ups a month.
Everything went back to normal. No problems.

I'm noticing, it seems to be stuck on my number of fuel ups is only in one month?

14Corolla 03-27-2016 07:07 AM

I am wondering if deleting the first two fuel ups would correct this?
It seems posting them on the same date, but different dates for the fuel ups. That may have thrown your software for a loop?
I'd rather not do this. As this is a record of all my fuel ups since buying the car.
On the other hand. It would take away my low's. My average would show higher. Not to deceive. But eliminates when I lacked driving at all with mileage habits.

RobertV 03-29-2016 05:16 AM

The date you add the entry doesn't matter.
We've had users import YEARS worth of data and it'll show they added 100+ fuel ups on the same day to Fuelly, even though each fuel up has it's own respective fill-up date.
Still looking into this.

14Corolla 04-01-2016 02:45 AM

One thing might help you?
I'm on a mac. I often have problems online with browsers. It's because ms is at the other end. I'll get odd things happening. I usually use Safari. Often times, Firefox.
I have used, but rarely, Opera, or Chrome.

freddie 04-01-2016 12:23 PM

Your avg frequency is being calculated based on the fuelups from 2-12-2016 to 3-25-2016, a span of about 43 days. That is seen as 1.4333 months with 4 fuelups. 4 divided by 1.433 is 2.79 fuelups, which is rounded to 3. As you add more fuelups, in a few months, your avg will begin to say 2 per month if you continue to have 2 per month. The avg will get closer to 2 as your fuelup count increases.

(It was calculating 4 so I made a change and it now calculates 3 per month, as reflected in my explanation above.)