Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   MPG conversions (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/mpg-conversions-18534.html)

benlovesgoddess 04-07-2016 12:32 PM

Hmmm...seems I can add the new car signature, but how ro remove the old one...?!

Draigflag 04-07-2016 01:15 PM

Looks good Ben, was wondering when you were picking up the new car. Top of this page, click user cp, then edit signature, delete the code for the old one, then save at bottom.

LDB 04-07-2016 01:20 PM

Your Hyundai shows 53.4 when I click it and it converts. I'll be looking forward to following your new Prius. I almost wish now I'd waited but got a really good deal on my 2015. Maybe I'll upgrade in 2-3 years and maybe by then they'll sell the plug in model here in Texas.

benlovesgoddess 04-07-2016 01:45 PM

Thanks Paul (only just realised our names are on our profiles..)! Thought copying and pasting it into each thread was a bit much...! Cheers LDB - likewise, I immediately wondered if I should have held on till the plug-in Prime comes out in 9-12 months, or waited till August to choose a colour and leather seats...!
It was an impulse buy - we were browsing a Yaris Hybrid - but the missus wanted bigger. We spend 8 hours a week commuting together. We LOVE the Prius! Just had her one day, happy to he paying for her the next 6 years...Might look at swapping for the Prime, depending on the price and depreciation.

Draigflag 04-07-2016 02:12 PM

By the time you are ready to change cars again, the market will be flooded by plug ins. I dare say all but the cheapest city cars will be plug ins, just the way the market is going now, a slow but sure step towards full electric, but for the next few years, they want us to get used to the idea of using electricity as a fuel, whilst they continue expanding the infrastructure, and bringing battery costs down etc. Peugeot alone for example have 11 plug in models planned in the next few years.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the Prius, get some more pics up if you find the chance ;)

benlovesgoddess 04-07-2016 09:20 PM

I'll try and get some shots of it with a nice background. I never managed to put photos on here before - it's more complicated than "insert image", right...?!Says please use the URL of your image...so photos on Facebook and LinkedIn, you copy and paste what's in the top bar...? Can't just use pics on your laptop?

Draigflag 04-07-2016 11:13 PM

Yes you can upload them directly from the laptop/phone etc. Click go advanced next to the quick reply, then you'll see a file attachment icon, usually a paperclip like in your emails. A secondary window will pop up with about 5 empty slots to upload pics. When you click each one, it will ask where you want to upload them from. Then there's a upload files icon within that pop up box. You'll see them attached once they've done, could take a while if they're big. Close that secondary window and they should be attached to your reply. Good luck ;)

benlovesgoddess 04-09-2016 12:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, I either have or haven't added 4 pics, it is hard to tell at this stage...!

benlovesgoddess 04-09-2016 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, so here's the missing 2...

benlovesgoddess 04-09-2016 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Even the manual says you'll be lucky to get more than 0.6 miles in EV mode (battery only, no petrol) - but by switching to EV as I dropped into Scarborough, it took me down the hill and round both bays - 3.5 miles - on pure electricity!