Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   MPG conversions (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/mpg-conversions-18534.html)

benlovesgoddess 04-18-2016 10:15 AM

True, glacial acceleration and sticking to below 35 mph seem the limit for maintaining EV - but as you're generally in a 30 zone, not too much of a hassle (unless you have a boy racer behind you at the lights!). As you can only select it with a virtually full battery, and any sudden moves lose it, I am learning to leave it alone mostly.

trollbait 04-19-2016 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 188163)
From the reviews I've read, it's near impossible to accelerate, even when being extremely gentle, without the ICE kicking in when in EV mode. Maybe they will resolve this with a software update.

It's a hybrid, not a plug in. The electric motor is there to help the ICE accelerate, not instead of it.

Hybrids report top EV speed, but it is like a 250+hp rating. Not of much importance for everyday driving, and more for bragging and marketing.

LDB 04-19-2016 06:50 AM

You can use just the electric but it requires significant patience and can only be for maybe a mile or so. I use electric only coming home from one direction that's roughly a mile and I use a lot of electric from the other direction that's about 1.5 miles. I don't worry about the recharge as when I leave home the next time the ice will start to warm up anyway and the distance will be far enough to recover the charge. It's surprising how much that can help overall economy.

LDB 04-20-2016 02:09 PM

Another difference in the ECO setting I just remembered not mentioning is it prevents the A/C from using the highest fan setting when set to Auto.

14Corolla 04-20-2016 02:56 PM

LDB... how are you making it along in the flooding?
I grew up in Clear Lake City.

LDB 04-20-2016 05:01 PM

I'm in Friendswood, not at all far from there as you know. We don't have any problems around here but it is extremely bad in many areas around Houston from what I've seen.

benlovesgoddess 04-20-2016 08:09 PM

Hey LDB, loving the triple data badges - how did you get them...?

LDB 04-20-2016 08:14 PM

SteveMak walked me through it. Here's the instructions from the not everyone wants a small diesel thread. You could do even more than 3 but I figured those 3 covered pretty much everything anyone could want to know.

Quote:

1) Dashboard
2) Click on desired vehicle
3) Click Badges link near bottom
4) Change the "This page is showing banners with fuel economy units in" popup menu to the desired metric (e.g., UK MPG)
5) Copy the code from the "Small Banner (120 x 45)" section, top field
6) Paste that code into a text document
7) Go to Step #4 and change the dropdown menu to the second metric (e.g., MPG)
8) Once you've formed the new signature with the 3 metrics in a text document, you can copy that to your Fuelly signature.

If you need horizontal spacing between the icons, I used the underline symbol (3 x "_") and set the font color to white.

benlovesgoddess 04-20-2016 08:24 PM

Let's see if I managed that, or wiped my data...!

benlovesgoddess 04-20-2016 08:25 PM

Neither....I'll have another go when I'm on my laptop rather than my phone, cheers!