Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Diesels (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The new Ford diesel (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f12/the-new-ford-diesel-18582.html)

tommypress 09-28-2016 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDB (Post 188546)
Hey, we're working on it. We're putting up wind farms hither and yon to kill as many raptors and migrators as possible, oh, and yeah, it'll produce a speck of power that won't amount to anything in the grand scheme of things but it will allow the likes of Gore, Obama etc. to make all sorts of wild claims and siphon off all sorts of funds.

Glad to know all this. Thanks

SteveMak 09-28-2016 09:13 AM

My frustration with this whole VW Dieselgate scandal is that the controlled media conversation focuses solely on the VW cheat device. All the talking head clips from Washington, with their self-congratulatory assertions that they're "cleaning up the air" and "taking dirty cars off the streets" follow suit. Meanwhile, independent tests (many done by UK government agencies) have found that real-world tailpipe emissions for virtually all vehicles tested (multi-brand, multi-model, diesel and gasoline/petrol propulsion alike), emit many multiples of lab-legal levels of pollutants. That information quickly disappears as the conversation is redirected to the VW cheat device at the root of Dieselgate. That's the story The Common Man keeps hearing, to which they are "tuned". That's the mindset that The Masses adopt. It's as though The Masses have been programmed to believe all that matters is passing the in-lab-only emission test without cheating (which VW didn't), and that actual, real-world emissions are inconsequential.

Disclosure: I'm driving my first diesel, an Audi Q5 3.0 TDI purchased in May 2015. I love the fuel economy, lower fuel price, and massive torque. I just wish ALL vehicles were measured by genuine tailpipe emissions under real conditions by an unbiased, independent agency, so we could get a true understanding of their actual effect on our environment and those who live in it. I don't like being bamboozled by manufacturers, and manipulated by the media.

Draigflag 09-28-2016 12:30 PM

Steve that's just the way mainstream media operates, take a story, exaggerate it, over dramatize it, take it out of context, report the negative facts only and feed it to the gullable masses.

Without getting too political, exactly the same thing has happened with so called "terrorism" and now some people actually believe "terrorism" is a threat in the US, despite the fact that toddlers with handguns, lightning, lawnmowers, being hit by a bus even falling out of bed kill more Americans than Terrorists do in a year...

SteveMak 09-28-2016 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 191396)
Steve that's just the way mainstream media operates, take a story, exaggerate it, over dramatize it, take it out of context, report the negative facts only and feed it to the gullible masses.

Without getting too political, exactly the same thing has happened with so called "terrorism" and now some people actually believe "terrorism" is a threat in the US, despite the fact that toddlers with handguns, lightning, lawnmowers, being hit by a bus even falling out of bed kill more Americans than Terrorists do in a year...

I completely agree with you. Just to add to your example of the US being gripped by the fear of "the terrorist threat", the number of Americans killed worldwide over the past decade due to actual or alleged "terrorist" activity (<100) is approximately equal to 3 days' worth of firearm deaths on American soil, at the hands of fellow Americans. Those are the hard facts, and yet the US media and the US people embrace the message and the fear of "the terrorist threat," while firearms remain "the American way of life."

I now return you to this thread, and cease my hijack.