Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (Off-Topic) (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   BREXIT: Paul and Ben, your thoughts? (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f22/brexit-paul-and-ben-your-thoughts-18711.html)

Draigflag 06-28-2016 01:56 PM

It's hard to get a true picture of what's actually happening. Mainstream media only reports about 1% of what's going on, but for some people that's enough to apply it to the other 99% and form opinions based on the 1%. It really bugs me, it's why I try and stay away from main stream media and social media where one single event can go viral. When you actually dig deeper and uncover the facts, what's actually happening is usually the exact opposite of what's being reported.

ChewChewTrain 06-28-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Corolla (Post 189391)
I do think it is interesting. From every news source across the ocean and here that I'm paying attention to. We may be watching the formation of 'the two young lions' from the Book of Revelations. Britain and the US. If so, I find it a relief.

Bit rusty on bible stuff. THEN what happens after this?

ChewChewTrain 06-28-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 189394)
It's hard to get a true picture of what's actually happening. Mainstream media only reports about 1% of what's going on, but for some people that's enough to apply it to the other 99% and form opinions based on the 1%. It really bugs me, it's why I try and stay away from main stream media and social media where one single event can go viral. When you actually dig deeper and uncover the facts, what's actually happening is usually the exact opposite of what's being reported.

AGREED! Interesting stuff on YouTube concerning European immigration issues, which mainstream media won't properly report and politicians show little concern for local citizens. The ONLY news that I trust is that Paul and Ben are reporting their true MPG.

ChewChewTrain 06-28-2016 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14Corolla (Post 189325)
Geesh!... :eek: .... It's rather obvious why you people don't talk politics. :lol:

I'm NOT talking politics. I'm COMPLAINING about politics! :D

ChewChewTrain 06-28-2016 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draigflag (Post 189392)
You mean bump starting? I've always bump started cars in 2nd gear, no idea if it's any more difficult or easier in a diesel to be honest, why do you ask?

Yeah. Bump starting. If I choose too low a gear to bump start my car, the car will nearly stop.

With all the torque, I was thinking bump starting a diesel engine would be much, much harder. Yes?

R.I.D.E. 06-28-2016 05:10 PM

Poli=many
Tics=blood sucking leaches

14Corolla 06-28-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChewChewTrain (Post 189396)
Bit rusty on bible stuff. THEN what happens after this?

It's not good at all what happens next. From what I see of the general public? They're asking for it. It ain't gonna be pretty. Should read it for yourself.

On push starting a diesel. Get it in a low gear. It's the easiest. Fires right up. Just don't let the car get away from you.

benlovesgoddess 06-28-2016 10:16 PM

Never had problem bump starting a diesel (I've had to do it on several old cars, 2nd gear is the right choice, just don't let the clutch pedal rise till you're really rolling though!).
I avoid the news to miss out on all the horror stories and politics, it's bad enough it recently invaded my personal space in the office. Let's keep religion and politics out of our geeky mpg convos.
And thinking about it, we should probably not talk about sex either....

Draigflag 06-28-2016 11:13 PM

Politics always ends in tears...and resignations ;)