Fuelly Forums

Fuelly Forums (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/)
-   Fuelly Web Support and Community News (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Request improved Fuelly data entry screen (https://www.fuelly.com/forums/f2/request-improved-fuelly-data-entry-screen-18718.html)

BernieL77 06-28-2016 04:16 AM

Request improved Fuelly data entry screen

I have tried to contact Fuelly support a few times to change/improve the data entry screen.
1. Put date/time at the top, i.e. as first fields to enter
2. Display more fields in the log

Does anyone actually use all those optional fields -- how paid, tire pressure, etc. that I never use?

RobertV 06-28-2016 07:27 AM

Sorry for not getting to your ticket (did you contact via support@fuelly.com ?).
I recall responding to a similar question awhile back.

1. I believe we have the current order the way it is because it's based on what's absolutely necessary first.
A date isn't necessary in calculating your MPG, but your Odometer, or Miles Traveled is.

2. What additional fields would you like to see in the log? I know we are limited to space in that area, as we don't want it to get too cluttered and cramped.

3. Optional fields- we wouldn't have them if they weren't requested. We've built toggles into the iOS app (GasTracker+) that allows you to hide the fields you do not use from the add a fuel up screen. I'm not sure if we have plans to add similar toggles to the website as well.

BernieL77 06-30-2016 07:22 PM

I think date is very important because the order of the log and of graphs is mainly by date and when you are entering the data, you usually know what date you filled up (possibly are going from the receipt as I do).

I believe all or most important thing I want added to the log is the odometer reading.

trollbait 07-01-2016 06:15 AM

You can already choose to track the miles by odometer, instead of the trip one, in the vehicle settings.

BernieL77 07-01-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbait (Post 189435)
You can already choose to track the miles by odometer, instead of the trip one, in the vehicle settings.

That's nice, but what's the harm of putting date/time at top of screen? How many people DON'T fill in date versus how many enter or don't enter other fields below such as payment type, fuel brand, tags?

Am I wrong or is the screen a little less cluttered today than previously?

trollbait 07-05-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieL77 (Post 189436)
That's nice, but what's the harm of putting date/time at top of screen? How many people DON'T fill in date versus how many enter or don't enter other fields below such as payment type, fuel brand, tags?

I think date and time is more important than those, but many are using one of the apps, or just texting the info in at the time they fill up. With the time field auto filled with the time on the page being opened. These people don't have to even bother with touching it.

I don't add data that way, and it would be nice to have the date field higher up for those times I don't enter the data until a day later. It isn't on my list of worries though.

RobertV 07-05-2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BernieL77 (Post 189436)

Since the date/time defaults to the current time of when you're entering the fuel up, most users don't need to worry about it. If they are entering old fill-up data (from past receipts) then we still have the field available for them to make that change as well. Generally, I don't believe it's a showstopper/blocker scenario though.
I've added your request to our future-feature considerations list though. So we'll discuss it internally and make a decision for a possible future release.

subyroo 07-28-2016 05:12 AM

What happened to the % chart for Urban/Hwy distance traveled?

RobertV 07-28-2016 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subyroo (Post 190062)
What happened to the % chart for Urban/Hwy distance traveled?

Still there, you just have it set to NOT track that on your "Man O Steel" vehicle.
You can edit and enable the City/Hwy tracking here: https://www.fuelly.com/driver/subyroo...les/honda/edit